Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RED ROCKS CLASSIC 2019!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SharonG
That's right - Torrey, UT. I asked for rocks to be added to the hot tub for ambiance.
@Gint @brant @RonD

Hotel: Noor Hotel, 877 UT-24, Torrey, UT 84775, 435-425-2525
King or Double Queens around $120/night which includes tax. Add $15/night for pets. There is room to park a trailer. There is a restaurant and convenience store on site.

Drive 1: East then south toward Hite Overlook
Drive 2: South toward Escalante

The Facebook thread is here.

There will be a separate t-shirt thread closer to the event.

Attendee List:
SharonG + Gint
Brnat + Laura
Chris914n6
JRust
ConeDodger?
Alphaogre
TravisNeff
MoveQik
AZ914
VegasRacer
Jen + Matt Z
Larry + Gloria Phillips
Mike Moorman (+ Mary?)
Ernie DeVries
Eric Shea
Rob Risen

I hope you can all make this event! cheer.gif beerchug.gif
Carl La Fong
Is the Diablo restaurant still there?
Big Len
Passed thru Torrey 3 weeks ago heading toward Green River from St. George. Guessing you're headed down Route 12 the second day. Most scenic road I've ever been on. Fantastic.
michael7810
I wish I could make RRC but I signed up for Okteenerfest again this year.
SharonG
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 2 2019, 05:39 PM) *

Poor excuse - different weekends. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Where is the closest airport with regular flights ? Possibly fly, rent a car, then meet up with group.....
Chris914n6
Happens to be for me the same distance to WCR. I guess if my car makes it thru that it can make this biggrin.gif It's also the back way to Colorado that I didn't take last time.
Chris914n6
I'd say Salt Lake. Plus at least a handful of 914s to travel with (or ride along). Or Mike always takes his Subaru poke.gif

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 2 2019, 05:31 PM) *

Where is the closest airport with regular flights ? Possibly fly, rent a car, then meet up with group.....

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 2 2019, 07:00 PM) *

I'd say Salt Lake. Plus at least a handful of 914s to travel with (or ride along). Or Mike always takes his Subaru poke.gif

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 2 2019, 05:31 PM) *

Thanks, 210 miles
JRust
That will be great. Going to miss WCR & missed Route 66 already this year. Be good to make one at least this year
Carl La Fong
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 2 2019, 07:31 PM) *

Cedar city. 120 miles. Some airline service.
ConeDodger
9 hours and 57 minutes. Population 129 blink.gif

They’ll be glad to see us! evilgrin.gif
Alphaogre
This looks great, Ever since heading out to Moab last year I have been looking for a reason to go to that part of Utah!
TravisNeff
In! driving.gif
MoveQik
In! driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
AZ914
In! driving.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 2 2019, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 2 2019, 05:39 PM) *

Poor excuse - different weekends. biggrin.gif

OK so the truth is I signed up for Okteenerfest and my wife will throw me out if I leave for RRC the day after I return from a 10-day drive to Tennessee. chair.gif
rhodyguy
You don't want to use up your event tokens too fast. Too many too quick and they get harder to redeem.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2019, 08:57 PM) *

You don't want to use up your event tokens too fast. Too many too quick and they get harder to redeem.

event tokens? HaHa! I agree, it is a balancing act and I usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to getting debited or credited for such events, for example my wife has no interest in riding around in a "stinky old car looking at trees" in the mountains, - so she took 2 of the girls to Parris 2 years ago- didn't get to go, I had planned my Okeenerfest trips and had used up my tokens from the 2 trips etc(meaning a new paint job and car parts lol!)
, this year they are going - girls trip- to the last Queen concert, and I again am going to Okteenerfest!!- so I feel your pain - 30 years of marriage love my kids and my wife but sometimes I wonder what were were thinking 30 years ago with very little common interest in such things screwy.gif headbang.gif wacko.gif
one of these days I will do what Jim is thinking and fly out and joint you all in a trip around the western world!!
JamesM
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 3 2019, 04:07 PM) *

OK so the truth is I signed up for Okteenerfest and my wife will throw me out if I leave for RRC the day after I return from a 10-day drive to Tennessee. chair.gif

The trick is to just not go home first!
TravisNeff
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 4 2019, 07:44 AM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 3 2019, 04:07 PM) *

The trick is to just not go home first!

Now, that's smart thinkin' idea.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jun 4 2019, 06:11 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2019, 08:57 PM) *

event tokens? HaHa! I agree, it is a balancing act and I usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to getting debited or credited for such events, for example my wife has no interest in riding around in a "stinky old car looking at trees" in the mountains, - so she took 2 of the girls to Parris 2 years ago- didn't get to go, I had planned my Okeenerfest trips and had used up my tokens from the 2 trips etc(meaning a new paint job and car parts lol!)
, this year they are going - girls trip- to the last Queen concert, and I again am going to Okteenerfest!!- so I feel your pain - 30 years of marriage love my kids and my wife but sometimes I wonder what were were thinking 30 years ago with very little common interest in such things screwy.gif headbang.gif wacko.gif
one of these days I will do what Jim is thinking and fly out and joint you all in a trip around the western world!!

Now is a great time! beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 2 2019, 01:12 PM) *

That's right - Torrey, UT. I asked for rocks to be added to the hot tub.

Torrey confused24.gif Whig ? Whatever. flag.gif
If it's a party . . . . count me in. beerchug.gif

Those extra rocks will be red, right?
SharonG
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 16 2019, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 2 2019, 01:12 PM) *

That's right - Torrey, UT. I asked for rocks to be added to the hot tub.

Torrey confused24.gif Whig ? Whatever. flag.gif
If it's a party . . . . count me in. beerchug.gif

Those extra rocks will be red, right?

Red for sure, JP. biggrin.gif
beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
SharonG
Adding attendee list to 1st post. drunk.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 18 2019, 06:51 PM) *

Adding attendee list to 1st post. drunk.gif

Oh giggity!!! I see a lot of my favorites on that list! beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
JRust
I hope to have my son JT with me as well. He's just in Ephraim Utah for school. So assuming he isn't booked up
ThinAir
Add Mike DeVries to the list. He's coming with me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.