Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fs 914-6 muffler blow out..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mb911
I have 6 muffler shells left from my old design. I will sell these as a Sport or GT3 style tail pipe location for $450 plus shipping each.. These will not be quiet and more of a track muffler.. This is for 911 914-6 flanges only .. Just trying to get rid of them.. Nothing is available custom for this other then the gt3 style or sport style placement. Attached is a 4cyl sport style muffler similar to what the muffler will lool like.. This is 400 dollars cheaper then my typical muffler. Click to view attachment
roblav1
Ben,
As you know, I'll be looking for a muffler soon. What's the difference between Sport and GT3? Do you know the dB level? I need a street muffler... somewhat loud is OK. But not a loud track-only version.
Rob
mepstein
If Ben says they are not quiet, I would believe him. I have one of his old 911 R mufflers. Sounds awesome but not wife friendly. biggrin.gif

But I love it.

This price is a gift.
mb911
Gt3 just has narrow tail pipe spacing. These are not wife friendly.
koozy
Ben, these are completely empty inside or do they have some sort of baffling?
mb911
QUOTE(koozy @ Jun 4 2019, 02:46 PM) *

Been, these are completely empty inside or do they have some sort of baffling?

Mike they have baffling but not like my quiet mufflers..
koozy
How much does it weigh? Large flange? I'm definitely interested.
Krieger
How would it compare to a sport muffler in terms of flow and noise level?
live free & drive
I’ll take one in the sport style. PM sent
mb911
QUOTE(koozy @ Jun 4 2019, 05:09 PM) *

How much does it weigh? Large flange? I'm definitely interested.

Large flange?? Not sure what that means weigh about 14lbs..
mb911
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 4 2019, 05:47 PM) *

How would it compare to a sport muffler in terms of flow and noise level?

It will flow well and just that they will be loud at WOT and cruise drone is a possibility. This is left over internals from waaay back 14 years plus.. They are new unused

These will be built upon order and as time allows in between other projects.
koozy
OK Ben, I'll take one. Sport style, please. I'll email you in a bit.
mb911
Replied.

Looks like 4 left at this price.
mb911
I have 4 left at this price.. These 2 are heading out today.. Click to view attachment
mb911
Still have a few parts left to make these..
mb911
A couple left still..
koozy
Ben, mine arrived packaged well. There was a delay in my installing the muffler due to having my new headers coated. I installed everything a few days ago and LOVE it. It has the looks and feel of a sport muffler but is half the weight. (It's super light)

Also, I must note.... This muffler is not as loud as I thought it would be. It is a deeper tone than the sport muffler and has a tad more throughput. Overall, a high quality muffler at a fantastic price point. I couldn't be happier. If you decide to make one with smaller exit pipes I might be interested in purchasing a second one.

Thank you for another great product.

Click to view attachment
mb911
QUOTE(koozy @ Jun 28 2019, 01:02 AM) *

Ben, mine arrived packaged well. There was a delay in my installing the muffler due to having my new headers coated. I installed everything a few days ago and LOVE it. It has the looks and feel of a sport muffler but is half the weight. (It's super light)

Also, I must note.... This muffler is not as loud as I thought it would be. It is a deeper tone than the sport muffler and has a tad more throughput. Overall, a high quality muffler at a fantastic price point. I couldn't be happier. If you decide to make one with smaller exit pipes I might be interested in purchasing a second one.

Thank you for another great product.

Click to view attachment

@koozy I have made a few with 2" exit pipes before and could build you one like that if you're interested?
koozy
If I could get it at this price point I'm in for one.
JOEPROPER
Ben, if still available, I'd like one please.
mb911
@koozy same price as before @JOEPROPER I have one for you as well..

Guys let me know how you want to pay.
SilberDave
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 28 2019, 01:27 PM) *

Ben, please let me know if you have any of these mufflers available at this time.

Thanks
mb911
QUOTE(SilberDave @ Aug 31 2019, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 28 2019, 01:27 PM) *

Ben, please let me know if you have any of these mufflers available at this time.

Thanks

@silberDave . I will have to look. I probably have something I can make you a deal on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.