Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good test for the Umbrella today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Storms all weekend here in Nashville. Had to park in the driveway to have room in the garage for Bus work and lawnmower work. Probably the 1st real test for the top. Looks good. Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Nice. However it still makes me shudder when I see a 914 sitting out in the rain. beerchug.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 10 2019, 07:52 AM) *

Nice. However it still makes me shudder when I see a 914 sitting out in the rain. beerchug.gif

After the storm and the garage project, I dried her off and checked the normal places for leaks.... piratenanner.gif

Only one I saw was at the back corner of the rear trunk. Somehow I think water was wicked under the trunk seal and started to pool on the little triangle trough.
IronHillRestorations
Cool! (and dry!!)
IronHillRestorations
If you got the same cell that came through here, it was like you turned on a faucet for about 20 min. Insane rain shower
malcolm2
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jun 11 2019, 07:27 PM) *

If you got the same cell that came through here, it was like you turned on a faucet for about 20 min. Insane rain shower

Lots of very close lightning. Got about 5” of rain all weekend.
BeatNavy
I've had a foot of snow or more on mine more than once. Perry's umbrella helped my teener survive a couple of winters out of doors. Fortunately she has a permanent home in a garage now piratenanner.gif
bandjoey
another reason not to glue down the trunk weather strips. Pull them up and dry the channel or hit them with a blower if glued down. Water sits under the rubber in the channel. The Umbrella cover works great and everyone should have one.
malcolm2
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 11 2019, 07:55 PM) *

another reason not to glue down the trunk weather strips. Pull them up and dry the channel or hit them with a blower if glued down. Water sits under the rubber in the channel. The Umbrella cover works great and everyone should have one.

I noticed that the glued down seals were a problem back when i was taking it apart. Did not use glue on the front. Only thinking that rear corner of the rear is wicking water in.
IronHillRestorations
A bad seal on the tail light can cause a leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.