Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Genuine Minilite 15X6.5 lugbolts pics please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Abeck914
Could someone please post a pic of the correct lugbolt for the 15X6.5 Genuine Minilite.

I believe they should be M14, 9mm diameter, 44mm thread length, with a continuous diameter smooth shank [not beveled/conical/ball]?

or would appreciate corrections if I'm wrong.

- thank you,

Aaron
914forme
Yes, I can tomorrow

They will have a washer also.

I have a set of Aluminum Land Rover Lugs, I am going to turn down and make fit.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914forme @ Jun 11 2019, 10:54 PM) *

Yes, I can tomorrow

Stephen please keep us posted on those Rover lug nuts.
I need an alternative to crusty originals.
Aluminum ? even better.
Abeck914
QUOTE(914forme @ Jun 11 2019, 08:54 PM) *

Yes, I can tomorrow

whew, i was getting worried when there was 70 views and 0 replies. supergrateful for you doing this! i really want to center my front wheels and get back to enjoying the drive.

do you also know if there are supposed to be inserts in the minlite wheel lug holes, or did someone add those to mine?

Aaron
Abeck914
QUOTE(mlmgm @ Jun 12 2019, 10:08 AM) *

those pics will come in handy. I don't have stems to attach them to, but will get me half way there. I have one of these [attached] on the way in the mail. Looks like you have confirmed I am on the correct path. What I still don't know is if the inserts in my lug holes are stock to the minilite. They seem to possibly work with a conical washer on the nonminilite lugs I have....well 12 of the 14. the other 4 ball seats need to go i'm 99% certain. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Abeck914
this is what I have now, which is not working from 60-80 mph. 80-100 is fine though driving.gif Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
rgalla9146
The nuts shown by abeck914 are like those I'm using.
His washers are different from mine.
I believe the washer should be flat on both sides not cupped as shown.
My wheels are not hubcentric. They depend on the 'sleeve' of the nut to center the
wheel. The flat washer provides direct straight pressure on the flat of the wheel
to fasten to the hub.
As for the insert I have no idea how that fastener system works or what the correct
nut or bolt would look like.
mlmgm
I bought two new sets back in the late '70's for auto-x, no inserts in the lug holes

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
those must be some of the newer manufactured minis
GaroldShaffer
when I ran minilites on my 70 I had a machine shop turn the where the bolt goes n to a ball seat style so I could use the lug bolts for Fuchs. Worked great for the 10+ yrs of auto-crossing and street driving I did with it. Sold the car a few years ago and the rims otherwise I would post pictures of how they looked.
sixnotfour
is there a date stamp ?
Abeck914
just adding some more pics and info to this thread.

pics of details of my minilites.

more I research i'm leaning towards concluding that I have some sort of this:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-w...us-reality.htmlClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sixnotfour
well someones been doing something to em..bummer, first holes look like tapered seat inserts, the one hole looks flat and not concentric to the insert..is that correct ??

fyi, wobble bolts only work for hub centric wheels..
Abeck914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 13 2019, 12:22 PM) *

well someones been doing something to em..bummer, first holes look like tapered seat inserts, the one hole looks flat and not concentric to the insert..is that correct ??

fyi, wobble bolts only work for hub centric wheels..

well someones been doing something to em

- deciphering just what is what this exercise has been all about av-943.gif

I think what we see in the pic is one hole with a tapered insert, as exists in all holes. Then the pic with the bolt, has the conical washer removed [as some do, and other bolts are fixed conical shape under bolt head] from the bolt and sitting in one of the tapered inserts.

I think I will know the next step when the original style bolt arrives. but i'm nervous to remove inserts because I don't know how much the original diameter of the bolt holes have been monkeyed with.

thanks for the heads up on the wobblies - seeing how this is my first endeavor with both those, and lug centric wheels. compound issue for me figuring this out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.