Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro or Italian
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
Been running the Italian front lens for awhile, thinking about going back..... blink.gif
The green LED backboard throw off either one.
Which one would you run.
Click to view attachment
BPic
Euro. All the way!

And , NICE CAR!!
mb911
Euro
Ed_Turbo
Euro, and the original Hella brand not the fake repros laugh.gif laugh.gif

I see that El Camino SS smile.gif

-Ed
dakotaewing
Euro for your very nice car -
Larmo63
E. U. R. O.

Italian>>>>>>>>>> icon8.gif
johnlush
Euro. The orange adds a nice bit of contrast...
914_7T3
Euro not URO av-943.gif
SteveL
Euro.
Italian looks like it belongs on a honda
ndfrigi
Euro Hella
sb914
With all that response be different! Go with the Italian. I did .
gms
Merican Yella
porschetub
EURO beer.gif
Chris914n6
Paint the green LED backboard white or amber slap.gif

I don't care what color your lenses are biggrin.gif
abes914
I have a spoke euro led light with us yellow lens and I love the look when they are on. Two different tones of yellow. I would take a photo but won’t be home anytime soon.
Spoke
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jun 24 2019, 07:19 PM) *

Been running the Italian front lens for awhile, thinking about going back..... blink.gif
The green LED backboard throw off either one.
Which one would you run.
Click to view attachment

Would you be interested in swapping out those green boards for white boards? Been doing them in black and thought about building in white. I'm going to build up a couple of sets and need someone to check them out.

Looking for 3 volunteers to swap out green boards built with white/amber LEDs and give some feedback. No charge for the boards. I ask that you swap the boards out in a timely fashion and send back to me the boards you don't want.

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Yes I will PM u later today.

Thank u
ValcoOscar
Jerry...I'm a buyer of more two sets (w/white boards) when ready. And a few rears with black boards.

let me know,

Oscar
Coondog
Euro it is......... beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Truth be told, Larmo shamed me into changing them at the WCR and yes they are Hellla.
Larmo63
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jun 25 2019, 06:04 PM) *

Euro it is......... beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Truth be told, Larmo shamed me into changing them at the WCR and yes they are Hellla.

Have I ever been wrong? I mean really.........

Click to view attachment
Spoke
Have the first assembled front turnsignal boards in white. They look real pretty. Can't wait to see how they look under the lens.
mepstein
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...9526&st=200
Post #206
beerchug.gif
rgolia
I like the italian lenses on my yellow car. Being an Italian-American I run Italians on the front and US on the rear. Never mind the fake Italian warts!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
raynekat
This is what the Italian's used for their side marker.
Quite different than the US version.

Click to view attachment
rgolia
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jul 4 2019, 02:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Yep I want those and cannot find them hissyfit.gif
Porschef
Based on the arrow, are they directional?
Coondog
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 3 2019, 08:00 AM) *

Have the first assembled front turnsignal boards in white. They look real pretty. Can't wait to see how they look under the lens.

Me too.........you should be receiving my green ones anytime now.
Chris914n6
Looks the same size, but not reflective. A downgrade in my eyes.

QUOTE(raynekat @ Jul 3 2019, 11:44 PM) *

raynekat
To me, there is a big difference.

The US version (middle) and the clear lens (whatever that is? never made for the Italian market) don't look good at all.
They've both got that crazy rectangular shape in the middle and the area where the screws go look horrid.

In comparison, the Italian lens (right) is very nice around the screw holes and is a bit deeper orangish/red than the US lens....although this may not show that well in the pic.

The Italian versions are very rare as they were made for a small number of cars in one European country only (Italy).
Thus they are super difficult to find.
I've been on the hunt for the left side for at least 6 months now.

And yes, I believe the arrow is directional. The other two lens don't have that small detail.

And no, the Italian lens is not reflective.
For me, that is not an issue as I just want mine to light up at night.

Click to view attachment
Gary
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 3 2019, 10:00 AM) *

Jerry,

I'm running Italian lenses with your boards. Would definitely be up for checking out the white PCB boards.

Click to view attachment
Spoke
QUOTE(Gary @ Jul 4 2019, 07:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 3 2019, 10:00 AM) *

Jerry,

I'm running Italian lenses with your boards. Would definitely be up for checking out the white PCB boards.

Click to view attachment

Gary, your boards are amber only, correct? If so, I haven't built up any of those although I will if you want to try the white boards. If you want ones with white LEDs that's ok too. No charge but you have to swap them in a timely fashion, send some pictures and send the green boards back to me. PM me your contact info. I'm looking for one more green board volunteer to try these white boards.

The green boards were cool when I first designed them but now with black or white boards available, the green boards don't look good under clear lenses. That being the case, I'm thinking about having a buy-back of sorts for the green boards if you want to swap them for white or black boards. Your final cost for the boards will be $60. I'll start another thread about this.
SKL1
Have Italian on my silver '71- think it looks great. Have euro on the bahia red '73. Kind of depends on colour of car...
First saw the Italian on a beautiful black six that belonged to Chuck Stoddard way back in the '70's at a Parade- thought they looked perfect.Click to view attachment
Spoke
The first white front turnsignal boards are assembled. They look real nice. These ones are heading to @Coondog . The plastic frames have been updated to better fit in the fixture.

mepstein
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 4 2019, 11:13 PM) *

Have Italian on my silver '71- think it looks great. Have euro on the bahia red '73. Kind of depends on colour of car...
First saw the Italian on a beautiful black six that belonged to Chuck Stoddard way back in the '70's at a Parade- thought they looked perfect.Click to view attachment

Nice garage!
PanelBilly
So will you be selling used green ones at a discount?
Spoke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 14 2019, 10:10 AM) *

So will you be selling used green ones at a discount?

Absolutely. Right before we changed to black colored boards I had made up several sets of green boards and had them sitting around for more than a year. Sold those at a loss. I'll be selling the greenies I get back for $50. Quite a deal. I have Coondog's greenies for sale now. These boards will come with full guarantee and support.
mb911
I would be down with buying some used Green boards. Let me know.
Coondog
Received the Spoke white boards, thank you Jerry. They look great.
Here’s a look with both lens.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Matteo
right

the bi-color for Europe
the white for Italy

the side one is not only for italy, but for europe
it was only for turn signal and not for position light. So is not reflective

AZBanks
Doug, go Italian!!
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 4 2019, 07:13 PM) *

agree.gif
Been running Italian on my silver car and really like how the lenses blend into the car. Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.