Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unbelievable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
did not believe this until I saw the picture, why?Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Sharing in the pain. The builder respected the VW heritage but it would have more panache as a T4 motor and fuel injected. Wonder which gearbox...manual or autostick? Only motor I’ve seen mounted in a 914 this way...the concept presents many other possibilities for drivetrains...none of which are good in a 914.
IronHillRestorations
That’s one I’ve never seen. What a hack job. How did they even get the transmission to line up with the rear suspension? Please pass the eye bleach barf.gif
gereed75
hmm, maybe there are two motors in there!
Valy
What I find amazing is that the owner went through all this trouble to install that beetle engine and then added Porsche badge and Porsche script on the back end.
fixer34
Yet another confirmation of the saying..
'Nothing is ever foolproof because fools are so ingenious.'
JawjaPorsche
The only upsize is it is sure easy to get to everything! lol-2.gif
914Sixer
WTF.gif WHY?
tejon007
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 10 2019, 07:08 AM) *

did not believe this until I saw the picture, why?Click to view attachment

Maybe the owner was planning on putting a V8 in it...and then thought better (?) of that plan?? unsure.gif

You know, it's not for everybody...or anyone.

sb914
Its a backup Incase the 1.7 grenades!
worn
Oh my goodness!
Superhawk996
happy11.gif

It may just be my warped sense of reality -- but if V8's are OK & V6's are OK & Subaru's are OK . . . heck I think I just saw someone putting a Diesel into a 914 just a few days ago on this very forum confused24.gif

. . . how can I take offense at a Type 1 with some extra junk in the trunk?

Sure the workmanship could be nicer, but, couldn't all of our workmanship be just a little better? I know mine could be.

Just saying. av-943.gif

Porschef
Cheaper rebuilds... happy11.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 10 2019, 05:21 PM) *

happy11.gif

It may just be my warped sense of reality -- but if V8's are OK & V6's are OK & Subaru's are OK . . . heck I think I just saw someone putting a Diesel into a 914 just a few days ago on this very forum confused24.gif

. . . how can I take offense at a Type 1 with some extra junk in the trunk?

Sure the workmanship could be nicer, but, couldn't all of our workmanship be just a little better? I know mine could be.

Just saying. av-943.gif

Turning a mid-engine car into rear engine? That's not okay. poke.gif slap.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 10 2019, 09:32 PM) *

piratenanner.gif happy11.gif lol-2.gif Mission Accomplished!
Beeliner
Dyslexic?
confused24.gif
Front yard mechanic
That's photo shopped "fake news"
jagalyn
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 10 2019, 05:32 PM) *

I agree.
pgollender
There is dumb (the rest of us) and dumberer (this guy) ...
Superhawk996
Sheesh . . . . I'm with you guys in spirit. I don't understand why anyone would do this but I don't understand why lots of guys do what they do. There are lots of projects on here that generate a WTF.gif response, including my own warped desire to save my rusted, AC conversion, 914 that should have been scrapped.

The handling must have been terrible. Not sure how the shifting is accomplished but I can't imagine it is "slick".

My bet is there was a Type 1 engine sitting there for free, and a ratted out 914 shell sitting there, two guys were drinking and one said to the other . . . . . the rest is history.

However, I am getting a huge laugh out of how this vehicle has supposedly crossed some forbidden line that is never to be crossed in 914 land. happy11.gif

Heck just the other day there was the posting of Zora's mid-engine Corvette concept that DEMOLISHED a perfectly fine 914-6 to make a Corvette Concept. I think that was a tragedy (for the 914-6 of which so few were made). Cool as an engineering exercise but another WTF.gif . You mean GM didn't have the resources or creativity to simply do their own concept chassis from scratch? ar15.gif Lucky for us GM didn't decide to buy all 914-6's and just wipe them off the map completely. They easily could have from a financial resources standpoint in the 70's!

I'm still laughing at both the Zora Concept as well as this one av-943.gif . . . but to each his own.
Chris H.
The heater tube setup is pretty elaborate.
PanelBilly
Maybe they were trying to make it more like a 911
Bruce Edge
Strange things happened when cars reached there low point in value, and one has no money but has a yard full of parts.
I have a picture somewhere is a Porsche 356 coupe with a straight line six under the front hood. (It ran and drove)
More time than money but could still have a fair IQ.
bbrock
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 11 2019, 04:48 AM) *

However, I am getting a huge laugh out of how this vehicle has supposedly crossed some forbidden line that is never to be crossed in 914 land. happy11.gif

I told you what the forbidden line is. That subject is closed for debate! bootyshake.gif lol-2.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 11 2019, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 11 2019, 04:48 AM) *

I told you what the forbidden line is. That subject is closed for debate! bootyshake.gif lol-2.gif

My personal line is that unless it’s air cooled, Type4 or a Porsche 6, I’d never do it. Lucky for all the rest here - I’m not King! beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
It’s just a Volkswagen!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.