Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold-914-6GT brake calipers - FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
A real set of 914-6 calipers (not converted Ferrari calipers) were used to make this set of GT calipers. I also obtained the correct bolts and spacers and sent everything to PMB Performance. Eric and his team restored and replaced to make them like new or better. Offered at $1,895, email - mark@markepstein.net to purchase.

* color is a little off due to indoor lights.
Porschef
They’re very nice; pardon my ignorance, but are these anything more than a spacer and longer bolts added to a /4 caliper? Or do they accept a larger pad in addition?

Thanks,

Joe
mepstein
These are 914-6 calipers. Larger casting, pistons and pads. They compliment the M calipers in the front of a six and were used on the 914-6GT along with aluminum S front calipers.
Larmo63
drooley.gif chowtime.gif
mepstein
Yes, these bolt on without any modification to your car. Stock e-brake cables are used and even though they take vented rotors, the rotors are a standard size and sold at flaps and online for $50-75. Nothing exotic, custom or expensive is needed. They are essentially M calipers with e-brakes so all the rear M caliper pads used on 911's can be used on these. The M calipers were used on the early 911 turbos. They weighed almost 3,000lbs, so they are more than enough for most any 914
pete000
I thought the rear rotors had to be turned down slightly to a smaller OD?
mepstein
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jul 16 2019, 01:19 PM) *

I thought the rear rotors had to be turned down slightly to a smaller OD?

That's when you use 5 lug non vented rotors with 914-4 calipers.
I did that with one of my cars when converting to 911 rear hubs, 911 rear rotors, 914-4 calipers. 2mm off the diameter of the rotor.
Porschef
Thanks for the info Mark. So, how much larger are the pads?

Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 16 2019, 06:35 PM) *

Thanks

I don’t have specs but when you put 6 calipers next to 4’s, you see the size difference and the big difference is the larger pistons. They maintain the proper ratio when you use M or S calipers or Alfa’s on the fronts.
914forme
Mark nice set of calipers, GLWTS

The endurance GTs used 908 calipers to allow for faster brake pad changes. Well documented on many sites.
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 16 2019, 07:21 PM) *

Mark nice set of calipers, GLWTS

The endurance GTs used 908 calipers to allow for faster brake pad changes. Well documented on many sites.

I can sell you a set if you have the cash smile.gif
914forme
Yes I know them well, I was a hunter for a while of the rare parts for a GT tribute build that was the most accurate build I ever knew of. That would be the old Jon Lowe GT Tribute. At least it is in the hands of someone who appreciates the car. shades.gif

Best score I had was a set of NOS 9x15 RSR wheels for the build, got them at a song for about $250 a wheel. I could almost retire on some of the parts from that car if sold at todays prices.
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 17 2019, 08:03 AM) *

Yes I know them well, I was a hunter for a while of the rare parts for a GT tribute build that was the most accurate build I ever knew of. That would be the old Jon Lowe GT Tribute. At least it is in the hands of someone who appreciates the car. shades.gif

Best score I had was a set of NOS 9x15 RSR wheels for the build, got them at a song for about $250 a wheel. I could almost retire on some of the parts from that car if sold at todays prices.

No, these are off a totalled 911ST. They are on a shelf at our shop. I took the pics, Eric verified they are the real deal.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 16 2019, 05:35 PM) *

Thanks

They're the same pads as stock 914-4 fronts.
sixnotfour
real GT rotors would be nice also....

quote from pmb website;
*Used with stock 911 rear rotors, these will need about 4.5mm worth of spacers (washers) under the caliper mounting ears or a spacer "under" the rotor.

Looking good Andy smilie_pokal.gif

Before you paint or powder those, grind the handbrake adjustment tube flat on the wheel side as well. Depending on how you want to deal with the caliper/rotor offsent, you'll need as much room in there as possible for the caliper.

You can put a 4.5mm spacer under the rotor hat but that will eat up a little clearance and, we can usually use all that we can get.

That leaves spacing the calipers back with washers and they can hit the lip of the adjustment tube (you can see the lip sticking up past the weld on the factory tube).

Just a heads up...
914forme
agree.gif used to get them from Vertex for $55 a pair NOS in the 90s my stash of them long gone.

And why would Eric not just see a set of spacers made for the caliper. 4.5mm is a pretty simple spacer to make on a lathe, and you can turn them out in no time.

Bump for a great seller
sixnotfour
i think i have 2 extra pairs from you..via..JL
mepstein
These are sold. Thanks
914forme
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 16 2019, 06:35 PM) *

Thanks

@Porschef Here you go, I happened to find a set of -4 calipers and a set of 914-6 calipers.

Click to view attachment

Also see the size difference and casting difference in the caliper, as well as the brake pads them selves. I know these are sold, but wanted to add the information since it was asked.
Porschef
Thanks Stephen, makes it clear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.