Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I got in by car yesterday and my OEM light was cracked in half!
I can only find cheap re_pops on the web. Does Hella Make these anymore?
Thanks Brian
Coondog
The repos are junk and don’t fit properly.
This is one of the most expensive parts on a 914 when you can find one in decent shape they can go from 100.00 to 300.00. Best bet is to look on Samba or you might get lucky and find one at a VW swap meet like one of our members did for 10 bucks.

If you want a concours one I have one for 300.00 dollars. See I told you they were stupid money.

PS I paid more then that for one........ sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
jdamiano
I just found a perfect correct one for 5 bucks at a vw event. When you do find one put a LED bulb in it if you want the light to work. LEDs don’t create the heat that ruins them. If you don’t care about the light don’t put a bulb in it.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(80cap @ Sep 9 2019, 05:09 PM) *

I got in by car yesterday and my OEM light was cracked in half!
I can only find cheap re_pops on the web. Does Hella Make these anymore?
Thanks Brian

Now available thru Porsche Classic $27.15 I got one and it FITS PERFECTLY. Visit your local Porsche dealership for free shipping to pick up there.
yellowporky
unfortunately that one from porsche classic does not have the chrome surround and the white lever. Cannot tell from the photo if the hook and spring have the appropriate allowance for the thickness of the back pad unlike the VW ones that expect only thin sheet metal.
80cap
What LED bulb do you use?
Brian
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(yellowporky @ Sep 9 2019, 07:15 PM) *

unfortunately that one from porsche classic does not have the chrome surround and the white lever. Cannot tell from the photo if the hook and spring have the appropriate allowance for the thickness of the back pad unlike the VW ones that expect only thin sheet metal.

Not sure about your fitment but for my 1973 2.0 with Appearance Group it is a perfect replacement. I still have the old original one and it is identical.

Obviously your milage may differ
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(80cap @ Sep 9 2019, 04:39 PM) *

What LED bulb do you use?
Brian

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/fe...ct_review_email
Jett
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Sep 9 2019, 05:13 PM) *

Not sure about your fitment but for my 1973 2.0 with Appearance Group it is a perfect replacement. I still have the old original one and it is identical.

You are right the new unit fits well but the NOS lights had a chrome band around the unit. smile.gif I paid $400 for one in the original box. I use a red LED bulb... too bright.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 9 2019, 10:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Sep 9 2019, 05:13 PM) *

You are right the new unit fits well but the NOS lights had a chrome band around the unit. smile.gif I paid $400 for one in the original box. I use a red LED bulb... too bright.

Well, again I have my original and it does not have a chrome band around it, sooooo I guess your's is different.

Click to view attachment
Jett
I am sure there is a lot of diversity, but I can only speak for our 73’s light.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=331642&hl=
burton73
For a concourse car, I guess you need what came in the car but I have a Hotrod 6 the 30th car down the line and I am redoing the full interior in special leather and I am a rebel in different ways. I am going to try an early 911 interior light with stainless Steel surround. It’s a better looking light that what came in 914s IMHO and this overpaying for a $15 light is ridiculous.

Bob B
wacko.gif Click to view attachment
jcd914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 10 2019, 12:45 PM) *

For a concourse car, I guess you need what came in the car but I have a Hotrod 6 the 30th car down the line and I am redoing the full interior in special leather and I am a rebel in different ways. I am going to try an early 911 interior light with stainless Steel surround. It’s a better looking light that what came in 914s IMHO and this overpaying for a $15 light is ridiculous.

Bob B

agree.gif

I have a 911 light I am putting in my 914.
I like the look better and the way it operated, also seems much stronger.

Jim
wes

Bob B

I really like the look gussying it fits without modification?
jcd914
QUOTE(wes @ Sep 10 2019, 09:55 PM) *

Bob B

I really like the look gussying it fits without modification?

No the hole in the back pad has to be opened up a little, maybe 1/8 inch on top or bottom.

It since my back pad is still loose in the car it should be easy to pull the vinyl loose around the opening and trim the fiberboard to fit the 911 light.

Jim
FlacaProductions
No switch on the 911 light to select door/off/on - right?
burton73
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 11 2019, 09:03 AM) *

No switch on the 911 light to select door/off/on - right?

It's a rocker switch.

Bob B
burton73
So, my new light came in. It is the same with and just a little taller. $57. Delivered by the bird but is has a Stoodar sticker on the box

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment smilie_pokal.gif
mepstein
I like it
JmuRiz
Me too, great thinking-outside-the-box!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.