Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Eight hose clamps for drain funnel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jett
Hello, we are looking to buy a small stash of drain funnel hose clamps. Looking for eight hose clamps that we can plate.

We need #41 smile.gif

mepstein
I would call on Garold, Dylan/chi-town and bdstone.
914werke
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 4 2019, 06:18 PM) *
sad.gif confused24.gif
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 4 2019, 04:08 PM) *
Hello, we are looking to buy a small stash of drain funnel hose clamps. Looking for eight hose clamps that we can plate. We need #41 smile.gif

Ive got a bunch. Good opportunity to visit ? smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 4 2019, 09:29 PM) *

sad.gif confused24.gif

Of course there are others that weren't on the top of my mind. I appreciate all the guys on this site that support our hobby/passion/addiction beerchug.gif
Jett
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 4 2019, 07:29 PM) *

sad.gif confused24.gif
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 4 2019, 04:08 PM) *

Hello, we are looking to buy a small stash of drain funnel hose clamps. Looking for eight hose clamps that we can plate. We need #41 smile.gif

Ive got a bunch. Good opportunity to visit ? smile.gif

Sounds like a great idea. PM the location and some times that work smile.gif.

btw. We are just finishing a 75 2.0 Palma Green car smile.gif

Cheers
914werke
biggrin.gif Ive been trying to START the resto of a 75 2.0 Palma green car.
bdstone914
@Jett date='Nov 4 2019, 06:08 PM' post='2759394']
Hello, we are looking to buy a small stash of drain funnel hose clamps. Looking for eight hose clamps that we can plate.

We need #41 smile.gif
[/quote]

Dont plate them. It will induce hydrogen enbrittlement. I did some and everyone broke when trying to install them. I found commercial replacements but they are blue.
Bruce
mepstein
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Nov 5 2019, 08:23 AM' post='2759531']
@Jett date='Nov 4 2019, 06:08 PM' post='2759394']

We need #41 smile.gif
[/quote]

Dont plate them. It will induce hydrogen enbrittlement. I did some and everyone broke when trying to install them. I found commercial replacements but they are blue.
Bruce
[/quote]
I didn’t have the same experience as Bruce. I plated a couple boxes of parts with no ill effects. I just grabbed one of the clamps today, squeezed it 20 times and held it open for the pic. Seems to be fine.
Mikey914
When you plate springs they need to be heat treated after. I suspect that was Bruce's issue. Most plating companies know this, so if you are using a commercial facility, you should be fine.
Jett
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 5 2019, 07:09 AM) *

When you plate springs they need to be heat treated after. I suspect that was Bruce's issue. Most plating companies know this, so if you are using a commercial facility, you should be fine.

Thanks Mark
bdstone914
@Jett date='Nov 5 2019, 04:27 PM' post='2759646']
[quote name='Mikey914' post='2759554' date='Nov 5 2019, 07:09 AM']
[/quote]

Thanks Mark
[/quote]

I believe the process after plating is to bake the parts. The time and temperature is based on the hardness.
I do not know of any commercial platers that offer that service. Perhaps one on aerospace.
Bruce
Psw1811
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 4 2019, 06:08 PM) *

We need #41 smile.gif

I noticed design911 in the uk are offering new ones - it states the brand as Retro Line, I guess it might be uro though. So I’m guessing there must be a stockist over there.
Jett
QUOTE(Psw1811 @ Nov 6 2019, 11:42 AM) *

We need #41 smile.gif

I noticed design911 in the uk are offering new ones - it states the brand as Retro Line, I guess it might be uro though. So I’m guessing there must be a stockist over there.

Thank you, I will look, but will not put on a URO part of anykind.
Jett
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 6 2019, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Psw1811 @ Nov 6 2019, 11:42 AM) *

We need #41 smile.gif

Thank you, I will look, but will not put on a URO part of anykind.

I checked the site and the springs look right but the shipping was more expensive than the eight items sad.gif. Hard to tell who makes the part.
Jett
Rich hooked me up with a stash that is now headed for plating.

Thanks!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.