Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Porsche 914-6 Airbox & Snorkel (and a few other bits)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
johnlips
Looking for a period plastic airbox and snorkel for a 1970 914-6. Just picked up an original Six missing a few parts. A beautiful car throughout, I'd rather have the correct airbox rather than the rain hats that came on it.

Also looking for one (1) Fuchs 6Jx15 (date 10/75... now I know this is a long shot).

Could use a good condition Blaupunkt Frankfurt as well.

Just located the correct 380mm leather steering wheel needing resto. Any advice on where to get recovered would be greatly appreciated.

mepstein
Dallas custom steering wheel.

If you want the paint color on the spikes to be correct, get it painted yourself with SEM trim black, then send it to Dallas.
Mike Fitton
Are you looking for mono or stereo version of the Blaupunkt Frankfurt?
johnlips
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 6 2019, 04:13 AM) *

Dallas custom steering wheel.

If you want the paint color on the spikes to be correct, get it painted yourself with SEM trim black, then send it to Dallas.

Thanks Boss. I’ll look up Dallas and the paint is in good shape!
johnlips
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 6 2019, 11:39 AM) *

Well the Six currently has two speakers and a late model CD player. That’s getting tossed for originality. The COA doesn’t specify whether the Frankfurt was mono or stereo, so any input you may have would be greatly appreciated. I’m going for originality.

I appreciate it!
PeeGreen 914
Rebel Racing sells a nice air box, not stock, not cheap, but carbon fiber and very cool looking.
johnlips
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Nov 6 2019, 01:59 PM) *

Rebel Racing sells a nice air box, not stock, not cheap, but carbon fiber and very cool looking.

Sounds nice but not for me. Post a pic, would love to see it.
theer
I have a Blaupunkt Wolfsburg from my 1970 /4, including the original speakers. Radio is mono - 2 speakers, but they both play the same thing.

I also have a really early steering wheel dated 10/69 (914.347.804.10) Not sure if /6 steering wheels are different from early /4's. Others will chime in.

I'll post pics.
theer
Steering wheel

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
aturboman
PM sent about the airbox
echocanyons
I have a complete set of manifolds, carbs, and airbox, original from a six and in great condition. Let me know if you are interested
johnlips
QUOTE(theer @ Nov 6 2019, 05:13 PM) *

Hi, thanks for posting. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. From my research about steering wheels, it appears to be a 380mm from a 4cyl.

Best,
John
johnlips
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Nov 7 2019, 06:53 PM) *

I have a complete set of manifolds, carbs, and airbox, original from a six and in great condition. Let me know if you are interested

Really just interested in the airbox, snorkel, and bases. I have the other pieces you mentioned. If the price is right, I'd consider all of it.

Best,
John
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(johnlips @ Nov 6 2019, 01:39 PM) *

Well the Six currently has two speakers and a late model CD player. That’s getting tossed for originality. The COA doesn’t specify whether the Frankfurt was mono or stereo, so any input you may have would be greatly appreciated. I’m going for originality.

I appreciate it!

I have both versions of the Blaupunkt Frankfurt (mono & stereo) what is your budget? Radio plus all the install parts is not cheap.
johnlips
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 8 2019, 05:51 AM) *

QUOTE(johnlips @ Nov 6 2019, 01:39 PM) *

I appreciate it!

I have both versions of the Blaupunkt Frankfurt (mono & stereo) what is your budget? Radio plus all the install parts is not cheap.

I’m interested. I do have one or two of them somewhere but can’t locate them off hand. What would you need to get for a complete stereo setup with the clips and correct knobs?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(johnlips @ Nov 5 2019, 10:16 PM) *

Looking for a period plastic airbox and snorkel for a 1970 914-6. Just picked up an original Six missing a few parts. A beautiful car throughout, I'd rather have the correct airbox rather than the rain hats that came on it.

Also looking for one (1) Fuchs 6Jx15 (date 10/75... now I know this is a long shot).

Just located the correct 380mm leather steering wheel needing resto. Any advice on where to get recovered would be greatly appreciated.

welcome.png

Would love to see your new car (!), and may have an original 914-6 snorkel I am not using. Need to do some digging.

You might get lucky on that 15x6 with a 10/75 date stamp over on the early911sregistry forum, and there may be some good info on restoration of early stock steering wheels, too!
johnlips

Still looking for a correct airbox and snorkel for the 1970 914-6. Don’t need the one from Jeff (he’s a crook).
johnlips

Still looking for a correct airbox and snorkel for the 1970 914-6. Don’t need the one from Jeff (he’s a crook).
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Nov 6 2019, 01:59 PM) *

^ Wow. Just checked that out. If that wasn't so darn expensive, I would buy one, paint it black (the CF is cool, but would look out of place on my car), and move mine on to John.

But $2200 is a big pill to swallow. Wish Rebel's site had more on weight saved vs the factory airbox and whether or not they addressed some of the factory airbox's flow issues. It cost me 20hp on the dyno with the 914-6 snorkel in place, and still cost 8 hp when we pulled the snorkel and filter out for one more pull. But we were at 169.9 hp at the rear wheels...quite a bit more than the 914-6 snorkel had to feed. Thought about cutting the snorkel short like everyone else does, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

John, I did find that snorkel. Keep in touch if you find the right air box, and maybe we can work something out. Would still love to see a pic of your car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.