Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD- 2-New Outside Mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
9144me2enjoy
SOLD- I have 2-New Outside Mirrors (Never Mounted) with screws and bottom rubber gaskets. The box has # 914.731.040.10 on both boxes and both are stamped III TP-RT210 on back of them. Not sure what the actual if any difference between these and the ones identified as 914.731.039.10. I have read these ...040.10 were factory option side mirrors where the glass was slightly convex. Will take $165.00 each includes shipping within US or $320.00 for both shipped within US. Thanks

9144me2enjoy
Pics
9144me2enjoy
Pics
Tom_T
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Dec 1 2019, 03:20 PM) *

FS: I have 2-New Outside Mirrors (Never Mounted) with screws and bottom rubber gaskets. The box has # 914.731.040.10 on both boxes and both are stamped III TP-RT210 on back of them. Not sure what the actual if any difference between these and the ones identified as 914.731.039.10. I have read these ...040.10 were factory option side mirrors where the glass was slightly convex. Will take $165.00 each includes shipping within US or $320.00 for both shipped within US. Thanks

YES - According to my 2008 914 PET Parts Catalog, you've got 2 of the convex right mirrors (only about 10% convex, vs. newer cars with 20%+).

You can see that they're both slightly curved glass at the top egdes in your top pic.

Buyers - unless you have more than 1 914 - you only need one of these for the right/passenger side.

If anyone in the RHD world wants one, they can be flipped/rotated at the base/arm for use on your passenger side on the left - whether a converted to RHD or stock LHD 914 - & if you're driving a stock LHD in the RHD world, then you may want convex on both sides - since you're so far from your normal driving position on the centerline (centreline ;-) there.

> See #7 & (7) -039 is the left side & -040 is the convex right side....

Click to view attachment

PS - That's a pretty good price for NOS side mirrors, as IIRC I'd paid $175-225 new from the dealer for a pair of L & R back around 2010-11-ish.

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
drem914
I have those mirrors and I got them from Sierra Madre Collection (914 Mirror) and I believe they are reproductions of the originals. Both are driver sides that can be flipped for a passenger side use. No convex to the mirror. I'll add a picture of mine later.
Tom_T
QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 1 2019, 04:17 PM) *

I have those mirrors and I got them from Sierra Madre Collection (914 Mirror) and I believe they are reproductions of the originals. Both are driver sides that can be flipped for a passenger side use. No convex to the mirror. I'll add a picture of mine later.

Nope - not correct - they're right side, & unless somebody faked the labels, they're "Genuine Porsche" - which are still available AFAIK, or were until recently.
See my post above.

You may have gotten the SMC Repros, & both Genuine & Repro can be rotated 180 degrees at the arms to use on the opposite side - flat/L or convex/R.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
9144me2enjoy
Both Sold....Thanks 914 World
drem914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 1 2019, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 1 2019, 04:17 PM) *

Nope - not correct - they're right side, & unless somebody faked the labels, they're "Genuine Porsche" - which are still available AFAIK, or were until recently.
See my post above.

You may have gotten the SMC Repros, & both Genuine & Repro can be rotated 180 degrees at the arms to use on the opposite side - flat/L or convex/R.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Here are what mine are. I did not think they were original.

Click to view attachment

Congratulations on the quick sale. They look great.
mepstein
If they are distributed by world pac, you should be able to get them at your flaps
9144me2enjoy
agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.