Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your New Years 914 Resolution
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
My resolution is to remove those crappy urethane bushings I installed back in 2012 and replace with the rubber ones. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Feel ya.
I need to thin the a little. Apparently 8 is too many according to the wife.
oakdalecurtis
My 2020 resolution is to make it to 2021...
piratenanner.gif
mb911
Get mine drivable..
EdwardBlume
Sell the ABM - redo some things on Dads car.
914forme
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 31 2019, 07:59 PM) *

Get mine drivable..

agree.gif Got to get mine drivable in 2020. Also cutting the fleet only 2 914s but I have 9 cars in the fleet.

I will be down to the BMW 750i, X5M, 914-6, and ____________.

I need a truck, but I want one that brings me a smile to my face each time I see it. I have a plan shades.gif
wes
My resolution is to stop buying more goodies for my perfectly good 914,,,,,
well maybe that’s just too drastic. Forget that!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL
tvdinnerbythepool
Drive the thing as much as possible as long as possible! AKA try not to find reasons to tear it apart for extended periods of time.
Cairo94507
Begin driving mine! Oh, and I would like to make it to 2021.....Happy New Year. beerchug.gif
bkrantz
Stop finding more rust or other damage to repair on the project car.
Front yard mechanic
Find a decent radio to fill the void in the dash
914-300Hemi
Drive it more driving.gif
altitude411
Same thing as last year..

...to rekindle my friendship with George...

Bwhahaawha ha lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Click to view attachment
ahycaramba
This year I'm not asking for much. (holding my breath on this one idea.gif ) My 2020 year resolution is to get my steel fenders installed and have my 914 back on the road.

Happy New Years to all.Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
I want to fix my horn.

Not setting the bar too high

And host another 914 Turnout weekend. I have a date - September 19-20. (and hopefully) I have someone to do a presentation on Sunday morning.
sb914
Where do I start ?
I got heated seat elements to install, screen in bumper and wheel wells (v8) got gift certificate for stereo,I have a quick release steering wheel to install, finish powder coating some bits ,
Install new ceramic coated headers, install new to me boxter trans and all the bits that go with it. Fix and refresh targa top. Remove brace from engine deck lid .
Etc etc etc !!!
mlindner
Get mine back on the road after 30 years. This is the year.
BPic
HAPPY 2020 EVERYONE!!!

I resolve to actually drive it cuz I never have. Bought it 2 years ago in March and tore it apart. Getting closer every day!! driving.gif
daytona
The list is long but I'll settle for re-upholstering the seats and installing a rennshift in the 74 LE 6-conversion.
anderssj
Drive it more often. driving.gif

install turbo tie rod kit (this year for sure).

Install restored front calipers from PMB.

Bills914-4
To refocus on the 2.5 turbo motor & get er done ,

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=330388

Happy New Year & stay focused biggrin.gif , Bill D.
tomh
My goal this year is to drive my 914 every weekend and try to buy a 76 912.
76-914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 31 2019, 07:04 PM) *

Begin driving mine! Oh, and I would like to make it to 2021.....Happy New Year. beerchug.gif

As soon as I hit the "Add This" button you came to mind. And it looks like you'll be driving soon. Keep 'em coming. We'll review this post in one year to see how it works out for ya'll. beerchug.gif
cali914
Change out my 901 for a Subi Transmission and hopefully enjoy shifting the car. driving.gif
DRPHIL914
My 914 is almost done, but they are never done right? Finishing touches, and enjoy getting to a few shows I missed this year. I would like to build a motor, that is something that will probably wait to 2021, but a bigger 4 is what I’m looking to do, so will be starting the search for a core long block and necessary parts.
brcacti
To make sure I ENJOY my 914 by driving it to my part time job a couple of times a week if good weather. Also to further plan my coming dream to buy my tiny catamaran sailboat and cruise the warm, clear waters of the Philippines for months at a time.
ontopcop
I was going to start out the new year with a drive. As she was warming up I smelled gas, the #3 Injector was leaking gas. Looks as if it's coming out of the terminal. WTF.gif
steuspeed
Drive it more this year. Maybe get the speakers, sub, amp combo installed. New battery too. Fix the heater fan circuit?
JOEPROPER
Drive my flared '74 before starting the conversion and finish up my '75 2.0L this Winter / Spring. Not much to do on the '75, but need to make time for it.Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Mine is to build and install the AC evaporator to replace the missing fresh air blower on Igor.

Also install the rear trunk torsion bars on both Igor and Elwood.

Get the seats and paint redone for Frody.

Not a small list....
thelogo
To find a girl who likes cars / 914 s and carshows to cruise with me

To put some wear on that passenger seat cushion
That is my 914 goal of the year ....

( when i got this car i was told it was a pu$$y
Magnet)

So well see
morgan_harwell
1. Install the Naro Engine Mount, so that I can
2. Install the M&B SS Heat Exchangers!

Oh Dear. That was my 2019 resolution, too.
smile.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 2 2020, 08:56 AM) *

Mine is to build and install the AC evaporator to replace the missing fresh air blower on Igor.

Not a small list....

now that is a project I would love to accomplish on my 914, to have A/C in the south would be nice. there was a project with a modification of the fresh air box to put the evaporator in there and use that stock location and existing duct work, wish this had been accomplished. then a small modern compressor, electric in preference.
mmichalik
Get my '75 put back together by the summer. I have a few events I want to go to with it. Only took me 3 years to get to this point, putting it back together shouldn't be to hard. Right???
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Jan 2 2020, 11:05 AM) *

Get my '75 put back together by the summer. I have a few events I want to go to with it. Only took me 3 years to get to this point, putting it back together shouldn't be to hard. Right???

You can do it! With a bit of helpf from my son-in-law and a friend on and off , when I got my car back from paint I put it back together in less than 2 months- some late nights after work, weekends etc. so I am sure you can do it. I had almost all my parts ready to go as I had 9 months of planning and collecting and refurbishing stuff while waiting for paint and body. Have to take time with a few things that can get a bit frustrating like triangle glass seal, and sail panel vinyl and trim. Have fun!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 2 2020, 09:37 AM) *

Not a small list....

now that is a project I would love to accomplish on my 914, to have A/C in the south would be nice. there was a project with a modification of the fresh air box to put the evaporator in there and use that stock location and existing duct work, wish this had been accomplished. then a small modern compressor, electric in preference.

You won't get a electric AC compressor that can work with a stock 914-4 alternator. It is only 50 amps, and that is barely enough to cover the electrical load. I know, I ran an electric heater for a few years, and I had to plug it in to a battery charger every night. The 964 alternator on my car is 180 amps. That should be plenty for an electric AC compressor.

Jett
Start restoring our 75 1.8 Palma car that we bought in SoCal a few years ago smile.gif
NS914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 31 2019, 08:59 PM) *

Get mine drivable..

I hear ya....even my wife is torturing me to get this done...LOL!
jim_hoyland
Attend my last WCR and sell the 914;its time to move on....
76-914
What?
KSCarrera
Drive to Le Mans Classic in the 914...

IPB Image
CHIZ 914
Back dating my 75 and installing Chrome bumpers
mbseto
Happy new year, folks, and hope you all get lots of miles in. I would be thrilled to death to get the car in paint this year. Been away for a few months due to business developments, need to get back on it.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 3 2020, 10:49 AM) *

Attend my last WCR and sell the 914;its time to move on....

What??? blink.gif I am surprised. It seems every few months I read about some mod or improvement you do, not because that beautiful car needs it but more because you just enjoy working on it. SO that begs the question, what’s the next thing to take it’s place?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 2 2020, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 2 2020, 09:37 AM) *

Not a small list....

You won't get a electric AC compressor that can work with a stock 914-4 alternator. It is only 50 amps, and that is barely enough to cover the electrical load. I know, I ran an electric heater for a few years, and I had to plug it in to a battery charger every night. The 964 alternator on my car is 180 amps. That should be plenty for an electric AC compressor.

Clay, you are correct, although I do have a 75amp alternator I would need a bit more—- still would love to have ac with out cutting floor of car and without the extra unit under the dash inside
warpig
(Sung to the tune of Happy Birthday) biggrin.gif
Merry Christmas to me
Merry Christmas to me
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to me
Click to view attachment
Just need 96 mm pistons and cylinders, 2.0 crank, 123 dist,rebuild the carbs in the stash, new exhaust, some machine work. etc, etc. dry.gif
125 HP by summer is my resolution. evilgrin.gif
billh1963
Started getting myself organized and making decisions. In 2020 I'll be doing the following:

Getting my '74 2.0 on the road. Dropped a valve seat several years ago. Put "new' heads on a year or two ago and got engine installed. That's as far as I've gotten. In a month or two will be taking car to Bill W to get him to get it back on the road. Here's an old picture before all the rust repair was done.

Click to view attachment

Will start conversion of this '74 1.8 to a -6. I have an early carbed 911 2.4 that I will be sending out for a refresh in March. I have -6 heat exchangers, oil tank, engine sheet metal and a few other parts and will be gathering the rest over the next couple of months. I will start shopping out the paint and body work on this car later this Spring. It's not a perfect car (has some hell hole rust) but is a reasonably solid car to start a project with. This car will have a Getty dash.

Click to view attachment

Once the green car gets done will take my '74 bumblebee to Bill W to get it on the road. Will probably sell it when it's safe for the road. Currently, the brakes are sticking, the FI fuel pump works intermittently, and transmission linkage bushings are shot.

Click to view attachment

And last (but not least) will be moving my stuff into one of my buildings. Bought this one in 2018 and have been slowly upgrading it. Redid all the offices with laminate flooring, paint and Cat5 jacks. Tiled the bathrooms and put in a tiled shower (came out really nice). New HVAC units (gas heat) for offices (separate units for upstairs and down) and a bunch of other stuff I have forgotten. Workspace has 480V service with an overhead bus bar. Compressed air via black pipe on three walls. Only thing left is AC for the work area and that is being installed next month. I've ordered a two post lift which should be in by the end of the month. This will get all my parts and cars in one place (well...almost dry.gif )

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
Ah, Bil, 2019 was LAST year lol-2.gif av-943.gif
@billh1963

looks like you are ready to move band get organized! And get a couple cars on the road and driving? Maybe even get one to Okteenerfest????!!

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 3 2020, 02:53 PM) *

Started getting myself organized and making decisions. In 2019 I'll be doing the following:

Getting my '74 2.0 on the road. Dropped a valve seat several years ago. Put "new' heads on a year or two ago and got engine installed. That's as far as I've gotten. In a month or two will be taking car to Bill W to get him to get it back on the road. Here's an old picture before all the rust repair was done.

Click to view attachment

Will start conversion of this '74 1.8 to a -6. I have an early carbed 911 2.4 that I will be sending out for a refresh in March. I have -6 heat exchangers, oil tank, engine sheet metal and a few other parts and will be gathering the rest over the next couple of months. I will start shopping out the paint and body work on this car later this Spring. It's not a perfect car (has some hell hole rust) but is a reasonably solid car to start a project with. This car will have a Getty dash.

Click to view attachment

Once the green car gets done will take my '74 bumblebee to Bill W to get it on the road. Will probably sell it when it's safe for the road. Currently, the brakes are sticking, the FI fuel pump works intermittently, and transmission linkage bushings are shot.

Click to view attachment

And last (but not least) will be moving my stuff into one of my buildings. Bought this one in 2018 and have been slowly upgrading it. Redid all the offices with laminate flooring, paint and Cat5 jacks. Tiled the bathrooms and put in a tiled shower (came out really nice). New HVAC units (gas heat) for offices (separate units for upstairs and down) and a bunch of other stuff I have forgotten. Workspace has 480V service with an overhead bus bar. Compressed air via black pipe on three walls. Only thing left is AC (being installed next month. I've ordered a two post lift which should be in by the end of the month. This will get all my parts and cars in one place (well...almost dry.gif )

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 3 2020, 02:57 PM) *

Ah, Bil, 2019 was LAST year lol-2.gif av-943.gif

looks like you are ready to move band get organized! And get a couple cars on the road and driving? Maybe even get one to Okteenerfest????!!

Uh...2020...yes... biggrin.gif

As far as Okteenerfest? yes, let's hope so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.