Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Machine Shop for Flywheels in So Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aturboman
Does anyone have a recommendation to get a 914 stepped flywheel turned in the Ventura, Oxnard, SF Valley CA area?

There used to be a dozen places and admittedly I haven't done one in 10 years but they all seem to have dried up now.

Any help is appreciated I have 2 needing machining now.

Thanks
80’s old school
QUOTE(aturboman @ Jan 17 2020, 04:27 PM) *

Does anyone have a recommendation to get a 914 stepped flywheel turned in the Ventura, Oxnard, SF Valley CA area?

There used to be a dozen places and admittedly I haven't done one in 10 years but they all seem to have dried up now.

Thanks

I know it’s not close to you but clutch masters in Rialto can turn flywheels.

http://www.clutchmasters.com/
Larmo63
European Motor Works.........?
914Sixer
AA Pistons has them for $157. Guessing machine shop is going to be at least $100. You have to make sure they cut BOTH surfaces.
aturboman
Thanks for all the feedback. This is original 914-6 stuff so no replacements available so they can’t get screwed up.
914Sixer
914-6 flywheel by Sebro(oem) at PartsGeek $382 free shipping
Jeff Hail

Thanks

Been using both for over 30 years.

PotterPorsche
Look up dpr machine in Santa Ana . They did my 914 flywheel
aturboman
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Jan 19 2020, 08:17 PM) *

Thanks

Been using both for over 30 years.

Thanks Jeff I'll contact them today and see what they can do.

To my knowledge current production 914-6 flywheels (911 2.0) are not marked on the outside for the timing marks like the originals, otherwise I'd just buy a new one as mentioned.

Chi-town
So just line it up with your original and make the marks?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.