Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Motorsports 914-6 GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
stevesc_us
Nice GT and considering what it must have cost to build the seller must be way upside down at an ask of $75k.

https://patrickmotorsports.com/blogs/news/9...-915-big-laguna

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2352521
raynekat
Screaming deal.
A lot of car for the money.
MikeInMunich
I once asked PMS what these projects cost and the guy told me that the last one they had done at that point, and this was like 3 years ago, went for over 200k.

Note that the date is Sept. 2018. Old news. If it was a new listing it would still be gone already.
mepstein
I wonder if the ad is legit.
tailwind22
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 13 2020, 05:00 AM) *

agree.gif
Steve
agree.gif
Victorville?? It was called Big Laguna, since it was the owners grandparents car that he sent from Laguna Beach to PMS. He spent over $100k converting it from a narrow body stock 4 to what see you now. I saw it at several concourse events in OC several years ago. Patrick hand delivered it to the owner at a PCA car show in Huntington Beach. Beautiful car, but I am not a fan of the full cage and trunk oil tank. Patrick's work is amazing though.
eric9144
That's more of what I'd expect out of a conversion car if someone is asking that kind of $$. Odd way to place an ad, actually makes it seem a bit fishy.
mepstein
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Feb 13 2020, 10:37 AM) *

That's more of what I'd expect out of a conversion car if someone is asking that kind of $$. Odd way to place an ad, actually makes it seem a bit fishy.

Mark
February 10, 2020

What's fishy about that? confused24.gif lol-2.gif
sithot
Kind of new.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
There is no way that is a legit ad. That is a $150K car.
eric9144
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 13 2020, 08:26 AM) *

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Feb 13 2020, 10:37 AM) *

Mark
February 10, 2020

What's fishy about that? confused24.gif lol-2.gif

That and the only pic is lifted from the 1st pic on Patrick MS site thread...and the broken description, and Victorville CA which is way inland, long way from Laguna...
burton73
yes, but next door for Coondog. He is in Hesperia California.

Bob B
eric9144
I emailed to see if I can take a look, will let you know if I get a response. Have been dealing with a lot of fake ad's on CL lately so this one just seems like another one of those.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 13 2020, 05:00 AM) *

Bingo, a new user with that ad as their only post...with photos taken from their site and no info...
pete000
I know that car. Seen it many times and that's my wife judging it at a PCA concours event in 2008. I think it won its class that day. Killer machine. Can't believe its a legit ad...if it is that's a steal !

eric9144
If the ad is real (haven't gotten a response yet) I'm on it, ready to buy...but being realistic I'm not counting on it
914forme
No heat exchangers I'm out poke.gif
Larmo63
I just sent a cashier's check for $78,000.00 for it (including shipping)

It better be real!
eric9144
I know you guys are going to be shocked but I haven't heard back yet confused24.gif av-943.gif
jim_hoyland
Excellent conversion. I was at the German Auto Fest in Ventura when James Patrick and the owner showed off the car. IIRC, the original cost was just north of $100K; $75K is a nice discount...
Beautiful car, owner said his Mother had bought the car new in 1974. Later saw it only once @ C &C at Aliso Vieho.
Justinp71
Nice car! Put some pads on that roll-bar though!
eric9144
So... it’s wasn't a fake ad, got in contact with the owner. He got something like 350 responses in the week the ad was up. Long story short it’s in my garage right now beer3.gif

Holy Fuchs the 3.8 is a beast!!! aktion035.gif happy11.gif

Pics tomorrow wub.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Feb 23 2020, 12:19 AM) *

So... it’s wasn't a fake ad, got in contact with the owner. He got something like 350 responses in the week the ad was up. Long story short it’s in my garage right now beer3.gif

Holy Fuchs the 3.8 is a beast!!! aktion035.gif happy11.gif

Pics tomorrow wub.gif

Congrats! driving.gif
Cairo94507
Congratulations!!!! That has to be the buy of the century. Looking forward to seeing a lot of photos and a nice report on performance, handling, etc. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 23 2020, 09:09 AM) *

Congratulations!!!! That has to be the buy of the century. Looking forward to seeing a lot of photos and a nice report on performance, handling, etc. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif

I honestly still can't believe it happened, had totally put it in the "if it's too good to be true..." category.

Right place right time. biggrin.gif

It's raining out this morning, ironically, but I'll get some good pics later today.
pete000
Throw it on BAT and double your money !
sixnotfour
there is an unadvertised 914-6 2.7 conversion 0 miles 110k to build $60k.. Seattle
.....you got great deal..as offered..enjoy
eric9144
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 1 2020, 04:35 PM) *

there is an unadvertised 914-6 2.7 conversion 0 miles 110k to build $60k.. Seattle
.....you got great deal..as offered..enjoy

Bought @ $72.5k bootyshake.gif
Receipts over $150k not including bringing the car into the deal.
On one hand expensive, on the other .40 cents on the dollar.

Seller was actually a cool guy, just not his thing. Wanted to see his brothers legacy go on to someone who'd appreciate it...I think I"m that guy. He'd gotten over 350 responses from the ad which explains the strange responses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.