Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless steel exhaust for 4 & 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
Ben is looking forward to another successful year for 914-6 Werkshop. All the parts are handmade and hand finished and take time to complete. When you add in all the other time consuming things that go into running a small business and developing new parts, it's a lot.

I will be assisting Ben on the sales side. I enjoy chatting about conversions and upgrades and can assist with questions and take orders for product. I have all his products in my cars and at least one of everything (except the new four cylinder mufflers), sitting on the shelf and ready to ship.

Last year Ben introduced his stainless steel quiet muffler for the 914-6 & 914 2.0 cars. The 914 2 liter muffler is an advanced design based on the 911 Carrera muffler and similar to the 914-6 quiet muffler but sized down to fit the four cylinder cars. It's a high flow design with a quiet sound. All stainless steel construction will insure it lasts as long as our cars. It's available both as a single side or dual rear outlet.

This year we are rolling out a lower priced muffler for both 914-4's and 6's. It's still handmade stainless steel but with an internal component that is simpler than the quiet muffler. It's a louder, sportier exhaust. To go along with the sporty sound, it's built with a 2 out tailpipe/GT3 style with an intro price of $500 for either the 2.0-4 or 6 cylinder version. No 1.7/1.8 size.

I am going to ask Ben to build a couple of these four cylinder sport models to be available in the next couple weeks. Please PM me or email at Mark@MarkEpstein.net if you want to be on the list for these. I will also be putting together installation kits that include all the clamps, hanger, gaskets and hardware to make it a one stop shop when you order the muffler.

Thanks for all your support.

Examples below:
euro911
Cool ... beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
Top notch parts. I have his 1st 914/4 2.0L part.

I will ultimately be looking for one for the six conversion in the future along with a set of Ben's heatexchangers.

If anyone cares, these would polish up to a near mirror finish without much work if you care what your muffler looks like under that car and want to see what you look like when changing oil.
Detroit
I am going to need one of the 'sport' versions, Mark, for a 3.0l-6 conversion.
But... I don't need it this second. Any idea what the post initial offering price will be?
mepstein
QUOTE(Detroit @ Apr 23 2020, 07:34 AM) *

I am going to need one of the 'sport' versions, Mark, for a 3.0l-6 conversion.
But... I don't need it this second. Any idea what the post initial offering price will be?

Ben told me the material prices might be going up but we don’t know when or how much. But for now the price is $500 for the sport muffler in either 2.0 four cylinder or 6 cylinder version and $750 for the quiet muffler in either 2.0 four or 6 cylinder.
mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 23 2020, 07:15 AM) *

Top notch parts. I have his 1st 914/4 2.0L part.

I will ultimately be looking for one for the six conversion in the future along with a set of Ben's heatexchangers.

If anyone cares, these would polish up to a near mirror finish without much work if you care what your muffler looks like under that car and want to see what you look like when changing oil.

The mirror finish would look cool. I've seen a couple M&K 911 mufflers done that way. Years ago, Ben made a prototype 914 muffler, I purchased it and did a brushed stainless look with some scotch brite pads. I figured it would be easier to maintain than polish. I think Zach/VaccaRabite has it now.
Nie Zu Alt
Mark,

PM sent. Count me in for a 4 cylinder sport exhaust. Thanks!
mwyatt
Looks awesome! I appreciate folks making parts like this. Will be interested to know what it sounds like, and how much it weighs. Nice work!
Pappy1975
Hey Mark,

Please put me down for a sport duel exhaust muffler for my 73 2.0-4 cyl.

David
mepstein
QUOTE(Pappy1975 @ May 11 2020, 01:32 PM) *

Hey Mark,

Please put me down for a sport duel exhaust muffler for my 73 2.0-4 cyl.

David

Will do. beerchug.gif
jasons
Any chance there could be a version of the dual outlet Sport that mounts to a European Racing 4cyl header? It would be single inlet. Maybe if we did our best to estimate the inlet location, a sub-pipe could link the two.
mepstein
QUOTE(jasons @ May 11 2020, 02:31 PM) *

Any chance there could be a version of the dual outlet Sport that mounts to a European Racing 4cyl header? It would be single inlet. Maybe if we did our best to estimate the inlet location, a sub-pipe could link the two.

That would fall into the custom category. Ben can make custom mufflers, they are works of art but are based off different pricing. These sport mufflers are designed to be very high quality but still hit a price point so no options are available on this model.

mlindner
Mepstein, what is the difference between a 1.8 and 2.0L. Thanks, Mark
mepstein
QUOTE(mlindner @ May 11 2020, 04:31 PM) *

The muffler that I’m selling will fit 2.0 heat exchangers or headers. 1.7 and 1.8 heat exchangers have a different muffler inlet position.
mlindner
Thanks Mark.
mlindner
Hi Mark again, will the new muffler (2 out GT style) work with MSDS headers, 1 1/2 OD for a 2.2 L six. Mark Lindner
mepstein
QUOTE(mlindner @ May 12 2020, 04:29 PM) *

Hi Mark again, will the new muffler (2 out GT style) work with MSDS headers, 1 1/2 OD for a 2.2 L six. Mark Lindner

It should. I’ll let Ben weigh in. @MB911
mb911
Yes they fit any stock style muffler/header setup..
mlindner
Great, thanks Ben.
yoursurfer
Im interested in a stock style for 1973 1.7 liter if avalible
mb911
QUOTE(yoursurfer @ May 12 2020, 02:47 PM) *

Im interested in a stock style for 1973 1.7 liter if avalible

As of now not touching 1.7..
Gatornapper
Mark -

My '76 2.0 has the single connection exhaust pipes, as in 1b on AA blow-up pic here at the bottom:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=202-15

Any plans for the sport exhaust for these pipes?

Thanks,

GN
nickg
any sound clips?
mepstein
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ May 12 2020, 08:55 PM) *

Mark -

My '76 2.0 has the single connection exhaust pipes, as in 1b on AA blow-up pic here at the bottom:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=202-15

Any plans for the sport exhaust for these pipes?

Thanks,

GN

Not at this time. The market would be very limited. We can talk about custom options.
mb911
https://youtu.be/4cOG16WVVb0

This was a 1 off 1.7 muffler I did but a good sound clip.. These the one Mark is selling will be louder though
mepstein
So the 914-6 sport mufflers are done and the 914-4 2.0 sport mufflers are about a week out. I’m posting the price list and will start taking orders. I will pm everyone who inquired.

914-4, 2.0 sport muffler - $500
914-6 sport muffler - $500
GT muffler bracket - $50
Muffler hardware kit - $40
Shipping - $65

We’ve tried to make these the most affordable, high performance stainless steel mufflers available. They are hand made in Wisconsin.

In order to properly support these mufflers, a GT style bracket that holds the muffler body to the transmission is required. The stock Porsche “boomerang” muffler will not provide adequate support. We also offer a hardware kit that supplies the nuts and bolts, muffler body straps and exhaust gaskets, so you can install your muffler the day you receive it.

Payment - we worked hard to keep the quality high and the price affordable. In order to do this we have to sell independent of paypal and credit card fees. I can take paypal as friends and family or with an additional 3%. I can accept bank checks and money orders. All orders are on a first come/paid, first served/shipped basis. These will be made on a continuous basis so nobody will miss out. More styles and options will be added in the future.

Thanks, mark
Mark@MarkEpstein.net
euro911
QUOTE(mlindner @ May 11 2020, 01:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
mistake, removed
ValcoOscar
Ordered and paid for piratenanner.gif

Thank you Mark & Ben

Oscar

Click to view attachment

I like so much I am making a T-shirt to show it off beerchug.gifClick to view attachment
mepstein
I’m told we can do a single out tailpipe in the stock location if we can get four takers. It will have a $30 upcharge but will fit the stock real valance location. Let me know if there’s interest.
Nie Zu Alt

Ordered and paid for.

Thank you Mark & Ben! smilie_pokal.gif

Doug
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 11 2020, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mlindner @ May 11 2020, 04:31 PM) *

The muffler that I’m selling will fit 2.0 heat exchangers or headers. 1.7 and 1.8 heat exchangers have a different muffler inlet position.

I'm interested
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 13 2020, 10:03 AM) *

Ordered and paid for piratenanner.gif

Thank you Mark & Ben

Oscar

Click to view attachment

I like so much I am making a T-shirt to show it off beerchug.gifClick to view attachment

Look what I got TODAY!!!! beerchug.gif

Thanks Again to Mark & Ben drunk.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

mb911
We should be thanking Mark @mepstein as I have been seraching for years for someone to sell my products and Mark has been a supporter for years.. This most recent arrangement Mark buys bulk and has made this possible for all of us.. Thanks everyone
mepstein
I knew working with Ben, the quality would be excellent and he would deliver. My concern is selling a muffler is like offering a car in just one color. Is it going to work for everyone. What's sporty for one person - me, is too loud for another - my wife. I'm hoping to get some feedback and sound clips from the guys who have purchased these. Ben and I have talked at length about how different engines will sound different at the pipes. That's a given. I hope to get some good feedback and I appreciate all the support and look forward to seeing more of these on our cars. driving.gif
mepstein
I have one more 914-4 and one 914-6 muffler in stock and ready to ship before I order another batch. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.