Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB CV joint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Speedo
Inner CV succumbed to the puller during removal. Need one please.
PM me with what you have.
76-914
Do you mean it separated and that the cage and bearings separated from the housing? If so that can be re-assembled. Describe or post a pic of the aftermath. beerchug.gif
abes914
agree.gif

I had mine came apart when I drop my engine/transmission and found out I was missing a bearing. I got a bearing from a friend and was able to put it together. It was PITA but got easier after the 10th time dry.gif

There is a YouTube video that give instructions on how to properly out them together. I can forward the link if that is the issue you are having.
Speedo
I know how to disassemble and rebuild CVs. It did not come apart, it died. There are three primary pieces to the CV...outer flange, inner cage and carrier...plus six cool steel marbles.
The left side carrier is seized to the axle. Using a gear puller and heat we were trying to pull the entire CV off of the spline-d end of the axle. Cage was the weakest link and it broke. Probably could just replace the cage, but figured it would be easier to grab another used CV and rebuild it. Anybody have an extra?
abes914
I found this one

https://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...868/9926705.htm
cary
Read #4.
Thanks Eric .................
pricebill
Does anyone have a single "marble"? My CV joint came apart earlier today and has only 5 ball bearings (is this a thing that people put these back together with one missing?) Anyway, WTB one bearing, please.
cary
Really .....
I think I have a qt. container full. Won't be back at the shop till Monday.
abes914
QUOTE(pricebill @ Jul 1 2020, 08:18 PM) *

Does anyone have a single "marble"? My CV joint came apart earlier today and has only 5 ball bearings (is this a thing that people put these back together with one missing?) Anyway, WTB one bearing, please.

holy cow! mine had only 5 as well! i got one from a friend but i should replace it if they are available.
abes914
QUOTE(cary @ Jul 1 2020, 08:24 PM) *

Really .....
I think I have a qt. container full. Won't be back at the shop till Monday.

I also need one. Please let me know as well.

Thanks.
G e o r g e
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
pricebill
24 of these arrived today. If you need one please PM me with your address and I'll mail them out until they're gone.

Click to view attachment
abes914
PM sent. Thank you!
pricebill
I now have an inkling of why my CV joint was short a ball; with extreme care, you can put this wiggly puzzle together with 5 balls but keeping them all in their channels while placing the 6th is maddening. I watched the Youtube videos for guidance but they were all made on the bench, separated from the axle. Doing so under the car with the race stuck on the end of the axle was an endless game of marbles. Moments after success I quickly bolted it to the transmission flange (with 22ft/lb) and then wept for hours.
Speedo
Found one thanks guys...back in action.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.