Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 2.7 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Franky_Four_Fingers
I think I'm finally ready to pull the trigger: would prefer something fairly complete. Anyone sitting on a good core?
mepstein
I’ll check what’s available at the shop. I do have a complete 3.2 for $8k. Has computer, harness, induction and exhaust. It’s a core that needs a full rebuild.
Tdskip
2.7s are great engines if but if you end up looking at one needing a rebuild the 3.2 cores are usually a better way to go.
Franky_Four_Fingers
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 29 2020, 06:28 AM) *

I’ll check what’s available at the shop. I do have a complete 3.2 for $8k. Has computer, harness, induction and exhaust. It’s a core that needs a full rebuild.

PM Sent
JmuRiz
Smart man, 3.2 is a better way to go these days. I got my 2.7 back when core pricing was CHEAP, so it made sense to rebuild it....still cha-ching worthy pricetag.
mepstein
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 30 2020, 09:33 AM) *

Smart man, 3.2 is a better way to go these days. I got my 2.7 back when core pricing was CHEAP, so it made sense to rebuild it....still cha-ching worthy pricetag.

Yea, they all cost about the same to buy and rebuild. 3.2’s are more initially but 2.7 make up the difference in machining
pek771
I have a 2.7 which was for the 914 racecar (car is long gone) It needs to come apart because it leaks like a sieve at the #8 Bearing. (I built this engine 10 years ago, and it sat in the basement untouched). Raceware and ARP rod bolts and head studs, all machine work done, JE 9.5:1 pistons special coated, in Alusil cylinders. CR actual is 9.65:1, which will run on pump gas. Single plug. Elgin reground Solex cams. Set up for EFI, no manifolds or EFI stuff included.
$5k OBO, negotiable. Engine is in Florida.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.