Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TEENERPALÜZA Driving Event - Sept 24-27, 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
poorsche914
Feeling the need to get out and drive? Missing that interaction with other teeners? Mark your calendars for September 24-27, 2020 and join other 914 owners for some fantastic driving in beautiful east Tennessee.

This fall, head to the mountains of east Tennessee to celebrate 50 years of the Porsche 914 in America. The drive will be based in “action packed” Pigeon Forge, TN – home to Dollywood, outlet shopping, music theaters, moonshine distilleries, mini golf and go-karts! What more could you ask for?

Roads? You’re asking for roads? Well, then… how does close proximity to some of the best roads in the southeast – Foothills Parkway (including The Missing Link), The Dragon, Moonshiner 28, Cherohala Skyway, Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Blue Ridge Parkway – sound?

FRIDAY DRIVE: We’ll enter the newest section of Foothills Parkway in Wears Valley and travel west to US129 / The Dragon. From there, the drive takes us into North Carolina along Moonshiner 28. Photo op at Fontana Dam and then break for lunch and free drive afterwards. Hit The Dragon multiple times or take the scenic Cherohala Skyway.

SATURDAY DRIVE: A day of leisurely scenic driving in Great Smoky Mountains National Park and a portion of Blue Ridge Parkway. Lunch in Maggie Valley and then return the way we came. Plenty of pullouts to enjoy the scenic beauty of the Smokies.

Feel free to join us for the entire weekend or meet up with us for one of the drives. The main goal of this event is to bring 914 enthusiasts together to enjoy driving mountain roads. And with Pigeon Forge as the base of operations, there is plenty to do while not driving.

--------------------------------
LODGING INFO
Wild Bear Inn
4236 Parkway
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

For Reservations:
Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058 then select option 3 then 1. Please be sure to use Group Code 66-575. Reservations must be received by the Resort no later than 08/24/2020.

In order for the group rate to remain valid, there must be at least 10 reservations made within the group block. The rates will revert to the prevailing rate at the time of cutoff when less than 10 reservations are made.

Reservations made other than described above (such as third-party online sites) may not be changed to reflect the group rate and therefore the attendee may not be associated with the group.

Check-In/Check-Out:

Check-in time begins at 4:00 p.m. Each reservation for which the required deposit has been received is guaranteed for late arrival until 11:59PM of the scheduled Check-In Date. Reservations that have not arrived will cancel the remaining dates of the reservation and forfeit their deposit. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. A late-departure charge may apply for any room(s) occupied after the scheduled check-out time.

Payment & Cancellation Policy:
A deposit equal to the room rate plus tax is due at the time of reservation. Final payment for all Reservations is due upon check-in. A security deposit equal to a fifty dollar ($50) credit card hold or two-hundred dollars ($200) cash deposit is required at check-in for each Reservation to cover any incidentals. This amount is fully refundable upon check-out if no incidentals are charged and there is no room damage.

Cancellations for individual reservations must be made seventy-two (72) hours prior to the first check-in date in order to avoid payment of a penalty in an amount equal to the cost of one (1) night’s room and applicable taxes. Deposits are refundable if you cancel prior to the seventy-two (72) hour cancellation window. All rates are in US dollars.

--------------------------------
GOODIES / EXTRAS
There will be an event t-shirt - details TBA
Possible group meal Friday night - details TBA
Possible group viewing of Soul of Motown show Saturday night - details TBA
Vendors: if you are interested in donating items to be given away, please PM me.

REGISTER HERE - it's free smile.gif

driving.gif
914forme
idea.gif

thanks for putting this on, and getting us an event to enjoy our 914s. Now if mine will be done. huh.gif
DRPHIL914
will register today, already blocked the dates at work for leave, see you there!!!

Phil

@billh1963
@gatornapper
bahnzai
Booked the hotel and pumped!!!
Thanks SO much for organizing this.

@lvnzdrm
@914dave

The road is calling...

Could not get registration to work...will try again later.
914dave
Room is booked , already had time off request in. Registration didn’t work for me either. Try again later. Woohoo!!!
dlee6204
Thanks for organizing this. Looking forward to it driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 8 2020, 09:33 AM) *
Could not get registration to work...will try again later.

QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 8 2020, 03:23 PM) *
Registration didn’t work for me either. Try again later. Woohoo!!!

I will check on the registration system and let you know when it is working properly. Thanks for the heads up!

Steve
driving.gif

poorsche914
REGISTRATION FORM is now working!

driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 8 2020, 10:25 PM) *

driving.gif

not workie for me
bahnzai
It may be me, but I still couldn’t get registration to work. Thanks
914dave
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 9 2020, 05:46 AM) *

It may be me, but I still couldn’t get registration to work. Thanks

It’s not just you
bahnzai
@Olympic 914

@Grosbard

Hello Tom & Kiran...looking for you guys to join us smile.gif

Ok...I cannot seem to get Tom’s call out to work smile.gif
poorsche914
headbang.gif Pretty difficult to troubleshoot when all you get is "An error occurred processing the form. Please try again" A google search shows this is a common issue with the form plugin I was using dry.gif

So... back to a basic form. Should work now rolleyes.gif
914dave
It works!!! Thanks Steve
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jul 8 2020, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 8 2020, 10:25 PM) *

driving.gif

not workie for me
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 9 2020, 09:39 AM) *

It works!!! Thanks Steve

OK , registered!!

see Ya'all in September!
sholman5
Registered. Can't wait. I think that we all need a break to clear our heads, do nothing but drive and surround ourselves with new and old friends.
914dave
icon_bump.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 9 2020, 08:48 AM) *

@Olympic 914

@Grosbard

Got it....

Room booked. On to registration.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again. This will be the first time I've had the Teener on the Dragon. Ran it a bunch on the motorcycle and the Cayman. piratenanner.gif

Hope I can keep up.
lvnzdrm
I’ll be booking my room this week. I’ve got the all clear from CEO. I’ll be driving solo for this one.

@914dave
@bahnzai
@olymipic 914

bahnzai
Click to view attachment

Sounding fantastic!! I better get a move on....
ok, how do I rotate this ?
dry.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 11 2020, 05:20 PM) *

dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Ha-Ha laugh.gif Love being a 914 owner. I swear we will pull the engine out at the slightest provocation....
914dave
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Jul 11 2020, 07:38 PM) *

QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 11 2020, 05:20 PM) *

dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Ha-Ha laugh.gif Love being a 914 owner. I swear we will pull the engine out at the slightest provocation....

Dan
That engine looks too far gone to save. I’d be willing to come haul the scrap away if you’d like.
bahnzai
Dave,
As always, you are too kind smile.gif
It is so hard these days to find that kind of selflessness and the desire to uplift mankind!!!!
Actually having to replace the engine harness. There was a recall from Porsche about 20 years ago for this on the 1995 993 models. I was unaware and had been chasing electrical gremlins for months. It could have been a disaster! A meltdown or electrical fire.
I will keep your offer in mind every time I bust my knuckles.
914dave
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 14 2020, 06:05 AM) *

Dave,
As always, you are too kind smile.gif
It is so hard these days to find that kind of selflessness and the desire to uplift mankind!!!!
Actually having to replace the engine harness. There was a recall from Porsche about 20 years ago for this on the 1995 993 models. I was unaware and had been chasing electrical gremlins for months. It could have been a disaster! A meltdown or electrical fire.
I will keep your offer in mind every time I bust my knuckles.

Any time Dan!!!
poorsche914
Just over a dozen 914s set to be in attendance (along with ~2 dozen attendees) with a couple months to go. Still plenty of time to register. type.gif

@dlee6204 is donating a set of his aluminum rockers aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

More great giveaways in the works!

See you in September!
driving.gif
Porscheracer1
My neck hurts...
Grosbard
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 9 2020, 08:48 AM) *

@Olympic 914
@Grosbard

Thanks for the message! (I just saw it...I don't know why I didn't get a notification about it in my email...strange!). I will definitely try to attend! It's hard to predict at the moment if I will be able to make it work, but I definitely want to see you guys again!!!
lvnzdrm
Registered!!
Al Meredith
I registered some time ago , then read that the site didn't work , How can I tell if I'm registered ?
stevegm
Registered.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jul 25 2020, 03:17 PM) *
I registered some time ago , then read that the site didn't work , How can I tell if I'm registered ?

You are registered, Al. See you in September.

driving.gif
poorsche914
Just got back from driving the first 25 miles of the Friday drive. Found out the road we'll be taking to Wears Valley has recently been paved so super smooooooth.

Room block available for ~month before being released to the public. If you plan to attend, be sure to book your room soon.

Wild Bear Inn
4236 Parkway
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
[indent]
For Reservations:
Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058 then select option 3 then 1. Please be sure to use Group Code 66-575. Reservations must be received by the Resort no later than 08/24/2020.

driving.gif
Bates
Calling for a room today.
I just wanted to veify that I am registered.
Bates McLain
Thanks for laying out the drives etc!

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(Ecke Liebhaber @ Jul 27 2020, 01:23 PM) *
...I just wanted to veify that I am registered.

Yes, you are registered. See you in September.

driving.gif
Al Meredith
Can the registration program print out a last of registrants so we all know who is in . Al
poorsche914
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jul 27 2020, 04:06 PM) *
Can the registration program print out a last of registrants so we all know who is in . Al

Here are the people registered so far. Many of them will be bringing a +one smile.gif
Sorry, I don't have corresponding 914world handles. In fact, some may not be members here.

Jody Camak
Jon Clark
James Damiano
Ellen Hays
Chris Holman
Kelvin Knight
Brady Lambert
Doug Leehr
Thomas Linder
Brian Ludden
Brian Marks
Steve Martin
Bates McLain
Al Meredith
Clay & Betty Perrine
Steven Schleif
Danny Thomas
Dave Toppin
Philip Wagner
Rob Wright

If you don't see someone who you think should attend, give them a shout and point them to the okteenerfest web site.

driving.gif
914dave
icon_bump.gif
sholman5
What is the going rate per night for rooms ? I have heard that they are starting you out at $200 per night and you have to negotiate your way down. Tried to book online at first. Showed no availability, but the day after was $69. I don't mind a business trying to make a profit, but that seems a little steep.
poorsche914
QUOTE(sholman5 @ Jul 30 2020, 05:29 PM) *
What is the going rate per night for rooms ? I have heard that they are starting you out at $200 per night and you have to negotiate your way down. Tried to book online at first. Showed no availability, but the day after was $69. I don't mind a business trying to make a profit, but that seems a little steep.

Yeah... Pigeon Forge lodging in the fall can get crazy expensive - especially once the leaves start turning.

However, the group rate for Teenerpalüza is ~$70/night plus taxes. I have no idea what the standard room rate is for that weekend.

For Reservations:

Reservations made other than described above (such as third-party online sites) may not be changed to reflect the group rate and therefore the attendee may not be associated with the group.

Hope that helps.

driving.gif
poorsche914
Updated attendee list found in Post #36.
Approaching 20 914s with 33 people. cheer.gif

driving.gif
Al Meredith
registered at Wild Bear , call the 800 # very easy . Al
ClayPerrine
I just called and reserved our room.

I am soooooooo looking forward to this. I am about to go stir crazy!

FYI... we are only bringing one 914 this time.

Clay
bahnzai
Another signed up, my brother and sister-in-law are coming.
We have about 2 weeks left on our block of rooms at the hotel...
914dave
icon_bump.gif
Garland
Add Michigan to the list, see ya in September.
Road trip!!!! piratenanner.gif

June 28th Michigan Waterford Hills Road Racing:
(Turn ahead, and Track)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sholman5
Room is booked. Great rate, plus going up a day early. Can't wait.
914four
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 31 2020, 11:47 AM) *
Clay

Which six? confused24.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914four @ Aug 15 2020, 09:16 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 31 2020, 11:47 AM) *
Clay

Which six? confused24.gif

The blue one. We have been doing lots of work on it.

poorsche914
Just a reminder there are only a few days left before any remaining rooms in our room block are released to the general public. Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058 then select option 3 then 1. Please be sure to use Group Code 66-575. Reservations must be received by the Resort no later than 08/24/2020.
Host hotel is Wild Bear Inn located at 4236 Parkway in Pigeon Forge, TN.

An updated list of registered attendees (minus any +ones) is below. If you have registered and don't see your name OR you haven't yet registered, please REGISTER HERE before 9.14.20 so I can get a final shirt count to the printer.

A Tech Session "Electric System Troubleshooting" has been added to the event activities and will be hosted by Clay Perrine.

Jody Camak
Jon Clark
Bob Cunningham
James Damiano
John Forbes
Marc Fritz
Jack Geoghegan
John Grier
William Grier
Ellen Hays
Chris Holman
Bill Jay
Steven Jeffers
Jacob Klein
Kelvin Knight
Brady Lambert
Doug Leehr
Thomas Linder
Brian Ludden
Brian Marks
Steve Martin
Bates McLain
Clay Perrine
Steven Schleif
Danny Thomas
Glenn Thomas
John Thurwachter
Dave Toppin
Philip Wagner
Jay Weikel
Rob Wright

driving.gif
914dave
I am so looking forward to seeing everyone. We should have a blast!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.