Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size sockets for belly pan removal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
macnichol
Hey yall. I need to get the belly pan off to get the the fuel line to drain the acquired smell that is at least 6 year old vintage fuel. What size metric socket do I need?

I'd considered trying to dilute it with fresh gas and injector cleaner but it has a very varnished off putting smell that isn't gasoline anymore so I think it's better to be patient and to drain it.
SKL1
If you mean the panel under the steering rack, I believe the big ones on the back of the front suspension are 17mm and the little ones in front are 10mm.
bdstone914
Hey yall. I need to get the belly pan off to get the the fuel line to drain the acquired smell that is at least 6 year old vintage fuel. What size metric socket do I need?

I'd considered trying to dilute it with fresh gas and injector cleaner but it has a very varnished off putting smell that isn't gasoline anymore so I think it's better to be patient and to drain it.

17 and 13mm.
TheCabinetmaker
What Bruce said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.