Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with license plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Hello Everyone,
I usually don't ask for help on something so trivial but I can't decide.
When i first got my classic vehicle plates they randomly gave me "997". So of course the 997 guys are still giving me crap about having that number on a 914.
After waiting almost 5 months for my DMV appointment, I plan on getting new personalized plates.
Here are my options that are available.

73BXSTR
ORGBXTR
4ORSCHE
SLO FUN
MIDENG
73CMXIV
NEUN14
NEIN14
VWGUTS

Help me decide please.
Thanks in advance
Mike
tvdinnerbythepool
NEIN14 beerchug.gif

TheCabinetmaker
Anything Boxter is out!
mepstein
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Nov 21 2020, 09:28 AM) *

Anything Boxter is out!

agree.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 21 2020, 09:13 AM) *

When i first got my classic vehicle plates they randomly gave me "997". So of course the 997 guys are still giving me crap about having that number on a 914.

Given that I would never pay the state extra $ for a personalized plate (at least in MI it costs extra) AND the fact that the current plate annoys the 997 crowd I'd keep it! That would be a win-win for me!

But then again I'm an bootyshake.gif. aktion035.gif

Otherwise, I like NEIN14
VegasRacer
Have you looked into the blue 1982 Circa plates? It is a great way to get a special plate number without paying the annual vanity fee. It is $27, one time.
That is how I got C987 for my Cayman and had P/E T 914 on my Van (truck plate)
Options for you might include POR 914, your initials 914 or ??? 914. Call the Special Plate Section to check on availability.
mxkinn01
I was thinking the same and just keep busting their chops. So far NEIN14 is the winner.
mxkinn01
John,
I was going to get the blue one. I think they look better too. I'll check availability tonight when I get home.
Cairo94507
I like NEIN14 and MIDENG. I am not sure that Blue/yellow is available in CA. If they are please let us know. beerchug.gif
mxkinn01
I'm in Las Vegas, so Nevada plates.
Spoke
NINE4TEEN
914_teener
How bout:

NOTA FIAT

I'll never forget gassing up and a guy asking me what type of Fiat my car was!
DucRS
Yes, NEIN14 for the win
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 21 2020, 08:42 AM) *

John,
I was going to get the blue one. I think they look better too. I'll check availability tonight when I get home.

The on-line search only works for vanaties. type.gif
For the blue plate, expired registration numbers you want, you need to call the Special Plate Section during regular business hours on Monday. popcorn[1].gif
KELTY360
I like 4ORSCHE. Very clever.
bandjoey
SLO FUN
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Nov 21 2020, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 21 2020, 09:13 AM) *

Given that I would never pay the state extra $ for a personalized plate (at least in MI it costs extra) AND the fact that the current plate annoys the 997 crowd I'd keep it! That would be a win-win for me!

But then again I'm an bootyshake.gif. aktion035.gif

Otherwise, I like NEIN14

I agree agree.gif bootyshake.gif aktion035.gif
Rand
Where's Wills? laugh.gif
VegasRacer
Another option Mike . . . idea.gif . . . I expect that Classic Vehicle 0914 is still available after I sold my Fiat a few years ago. (Elvira wears Classic Rod 0914.)
Again, call the Special Plate Section during business hours. call me.gif They are very helpful in getting expired registration numbers back on the road.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 21 2020, 01:37 PM) *

SLO FUN

Or

GR8 FUN
wndsrfr
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 21 2020, 12:47 PM) *

I like 4ORSCHE. Very clever.

agree.gif
mxkinn01
John,
I just called them. They said if I want the old blue style plates it would not still be a classic vehicle and I'd need to smog every year. So I'll sticks with the common ones and just have the "classic vehicle" text removed with whatever is available that I like.
So far NEIN14 is in the lead.
VegasRacer
Thanks for the update Mike. I was wondering how your DMV phone call went.

Please add my vote for NEIN14. smilie_flagge6.gif
Coondog
Me still waiting for the California DMV to answer the phone
Click to view attachment
72914S
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 21 2020, 08:13 AM) *

Hello Everyone,
I usually don't ask for help on something so trivial but I can't decide.
After waiting almost 5 months for my DMV appointment, I plan on getting new personalized plates.
Here are my options that are available.

73BXSTR
ORGBXTR
4ORSCHE
SLO FUN
MIDENG
73CMXIV
NEUN14
NEIN14
VWGUTS

Help me decide please.
Thanks in advance
Mike

POORSHA
flipb
Years ago, I considered getting UR BOXTR for mine.

@wndsrfr I have so far been unable to figure out how to get custom antique tags in Virginia. Was it a pain?
mxkinn01
POORSHA not available.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 24 2020, 07:30 AM) *

Years ago, I considered getting UR BOXTR for mine.

@wndsrfr I have so far been unable to figure out how to get custom antique tags in Virginia. Was it a pain?

Six years ago was no prob.... in 2020 who knows....try VA. DMV website now...
TJB/914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 21 2020, 12:02 PM) *

I like NEIN14 and MIDENG. I am not sure that Blue/yellow is available in CA. If they are please let us know. beerchug.gif

Yes=MIDENG
Tom

Mikey914
Not to spoil the fun, but years ago I had a friend that was a CPA that also taught taxation theory at the local college.
He mentioned that the IRS uses public data to determine who they audit. One of the keys was DMV data. Having a vanity plate was a factor they considered made an individual more likely to have not reported their earnings correctly.

poorsche914
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 24 2020, 02:00 PM) *
POORSHA not available.

Maybe try an "E"
My tag from NC when 8 letters were allowed.
IPB Image

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.