Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introduction and first 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
desullivan
Just joined and was able to get my first 914- a roller 1975 2.0 in great shape with great start for restoring from the 914 World classifieds. Looking forward to the super knowledge that is shared so generously on this forum. I am located just north of Dallas TX so any folks nearby please don't hesitate to reach out! Really beneficial to get linked in locally as well cause I will surely need the help!

Click to view attachment
aharder
welcome.png
I'm in East Dallas !!

Coondog
Welcome, looks pretty clean.
scottthephotog
Welcome and congratulations! I'm over in Euless. Post some more photos!
914_7T3
Looks like a nice project!

welcome.png
Root_Werks
Welcome! That looks like a pretty clean 914.
porsche914rick
piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif

Rick O
JeffBowlsby
1975 with a bumper backdate? Or does your VIN start with 474?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 30 2020, 02:40 PM) *

front bumper grill space can show the big round hole on the body for 75/76 bumper support.
MM1
welcome.png Congrats! Nice snag - looking forward to more . . .
Betty
welcome.png
Hurst / Colleyville border here. There's a lot of 914's in the area, a ton of parts (mostly up in our attic, just ask scottthephotog biggrin.gif ), and a wealth of knowledge locally.

This coming Saturday (12/05/2020) there is an all Porsche Mavs & Mochas (Cars & Coffee) starting at 8:30 a.m. at Nordstrom, NorthPark Center. Just google "maverick pca" and you'll find the local Porsche Club's website with the details.

Clay and I will have his monster 6 driving.gif and our original 6 there driving-girl.gif . I'm betting some other 914's will show up. Even if you don't have a P car to drive, it'd be great to meet you, look at cars and talk 914's?! cheer.gif
76-914
Looks like a clean car to start with. Is that a spare transmission? welcome.png
SO.O.C914er
welcome.png welcome to the mid-engine madness!
brcacti
welcome.png
PanelBilly
welcome.png
Literati914
@desullivan

welcome.png
I'm down in Oak Cliff headbang.gif ar15.gif so I'm sure we'll link up at some point for a drive, don't have a running 914 YET but I'm willing to come out and help if you need any help on a project. Tell us about the car and your plans with it... is that a GT front bumper? Looks like an oil cooler opening.

iankarr
welcome.png

There's a link in my sig below to a bunch of 914 restoration videos and how-tos you may find helpful. My pain - your gain!

Welcome to this amazing community...and the addiction.
913B
Your background is unmistakable North Texas.
Brings back memories.

welcome.png
Ian Stott
Welcome to 914World! A great place to learn and meet other 914 people. When you are all sorted out and ready to go for a run, come on up to Moncton, Canada, first beer is on me!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

We have the best lobster in the world, caught daily!
mb911
The car looks like a great start.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Always nice to see and welcome a new member. Your first 914 looks like a gem. We all will be looking forward to learning more about it and seeing photos. Welcome and enjoy. beerchug.gif
desullivan
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 30 2020, 04:40 PM) *

It is a 1975 with bumper back date
desullivan
QUOTE(Betty @ Nov 30 2020, 06:55 PM) *

welcome.png
Hurst / Colleyville border here. There's a lot of 914's in the area, a ton of parts (mostly up in our attic, just ask scottthephotog biggrin.gif ), and a wealth of knowledge locally.

This coming Saturday (12/05/2020) there is an all Porsche Mavs & Mochas (Cars & Coffee) starting at 8:30 a.m. at Nordstrom, NorthPark Center. Just google "maverick pca" and you'll find the local Porsche Club's website with the details.

Clay and I will have his monster 6 driving.gif and our original 6 there driving-girl.gif . I'm betting some other 914's will show up. Even if you don't have a P car to drive, it'd be great to meet you, look at cars and talk 914's?! cheer.gif

Thanks-I will try and make it to North Park for the Maverick meet.
desullivan
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 30 2020, 07:40 PM) *

Looks like a clean car to start with. Is that a spare transmission? welcome.png

Thanks! Yes it is a spare transmission. Not sure condition of it.
desullivan
QUOTE(iankarr @ Dec 1 2020, 12:06 AM) *

welcome.png

There's a link in my sig below to a bunch of 914 restoration videos and how-tos you may find helpful. My pain - your gain!

Welcome to this amazing community...and the addiction.

Ian,

Thanks for the welcome-I have already been watching your videos!! Hope your engine build works out.
desullivan
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Nov 30 2020, 11:51 PM) *

@desullivan

welcome.png
I'm down in Oak Cliff headbang.gif ar15.gif so I'm sure we'll link up at some point for a drive, don't have a running 914 YET but I'm willing to come out and help if you need any help on a project. Tell us about the car and your plans with it... is that a GT front bumper? Looks like an oil cooler opening.

Thanks for the welcome! My plan is to finish the rebuild of the 2.0 engine the PO started and get it up and running. Leaning towards more of a stock/original type build with minor upgrades (A/C, new quiet muffler- probably Ben McFarland SS). Bumper is fiberglass according to the PO- not sure if that means it is a GT. No oil cooler opening that I can tell
Camaro Mike
Welcome! That's a nice looking project.
Mikey914
Some assembly required
Your in the right place, and there are a few of us near you too.
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.