Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: SMOG PUMP PULLEY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
925tedy
I am looking for a 1976 914 Smog Pump Pulley.
If anyone has one to sell, or you can direct me to where I can find one, I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you.
914LIVE
=================================

Good day.

I have a few.

Grand total of $ 0.00 plus shipping.

Will find them and report back.

Thank you, 914LIVE.

===================================
914Sixer
I could use one if possible. Glad to pay shipping. Want to do some AC engineering with it.
Al Meredith
QUOTE(925tedy @ Feb 4 2021, 12:33 PM) *

If anyone has one to sell, or you can direct me to where I can find one, I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you.

I have one but want to sell the whole system $250 with or without the 4 cylinder rack,Click to view attachment
925tedy
QUOTE(914LIVE @ Feb 4 2021, 02:56 PM) *

Good day.

I have a few.

Grand total of $ 0.00 plus shipping.

Will find them and report back.

Thank you, 914LIVE.

===================================

Thank you.
Let me know.
925tedy
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Feb 4 2021, 04:56 PM) *

Thank you.

I have one but want to sell the whole system $250 with or without the 4 cylinder rack,Click to view attachment

What part is the four cylinder rack?
Is it in the picture?
Thank you
925tedy
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Feb 4 2021, 04:56 PM) *

Thank you.

How’s the rubber on the pulley
Al Meredith
Whoops ! I Just went and looked at the pulley setup that has been a box for a couple of years. I have two shroud to pulleys and neither one has a rubber buffer. I understand they are no longer available so I'm withdrawing my ad. IF MICKY 914 IS ON THE BOARD THIS ITEM MAY BE SOMETHING 914 RUBBER SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT. AL
burton73
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Feb 5 2021, 12:06 PM) *

Whoops ! I Just went and looked at the pulley setup that has been a box for a couple of years. I have two shroud to pulleys and neither one has a rubber buffer. I understand they are no longer available so I'm withdrawing my ad. IF MICKY 914 IS ON THE BOARD THIS ITEM MAY BE SOMETHING 914 RUBBER SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT. AL

The sacrificial rubber part breaks when a smog pump freeze. The bearings also wear but the rubber disk is bonded to 2 metal disks that bolt up to the crank shaft. Frozen pump and the rubber disk rips.

Bob B
914LIVE

PULLEY update :
I have found two so far and guess what ?
BUSTED RUBBERS.

Will continue looking. Perhaps "third one,
is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

Robarabian
QUOTE(914LIVE @ Feb 5 2021, 05:24 PM) *

PULLEY update :
BUSTED RUBBERS.

is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

@925tedy I have a good one if you want it. Ill pull it out tomorrow and take another look, but last I looked the rubber was in good shape. Pay shipping and it is yours.
Al Meredith
Actually i have two pulleys, One has a larger bearing and two different size cast pulleys. I think it is from my 912E and is for the smog pump and the AC compressor .
925tedy
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Feb 5 2021, 09:11 PM) *

PULLEY update :
BUSTED RUBBERS.

is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

@925tedy I have a good one if you want it. Ill pull it out tomorrow and take another look, but last I looked the rubber was in good shape. Pay shipping and it is yours.

Shipping is absolutely no problem.
Can you send me a photo of it.
Thank you
925tedy
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Feb 6 2021, 03:35 PM) *

Actually i have two pulleys, One has a larger bearing and two different size cast pulleys. I think it is from my 912E and is for the smog pump and the AC compressor .

What kind of smog apparatus is it?
Can you send a photo?
Thank you
Robarabian
Sorry I forgot.. I will go dig today and post here or you can PM me your email address and I can send several..

Rob

QUOTE(925tedy @ Feb 6 2021, 04:54 PM) *

PULLEY update :
BUSTED RUBBERS.

is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

Thank you

Robarabian
Its no good... its cracking....Sorry.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
925tedy
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Feb 7 2021, 10:42 AM) *

Sorry I forgot.. I will go dig today and post here or you can PM me your email address and I can send several..

Rob

PULLEY update :
BUSTED RUBBERS.

is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

Thank you

Hi there
I’m sorry, but I’m kinda confused with all of our posts.
My fault.
Did you happen to find a working one of these smog pump pulleys, or are they all not functional because of the busted rubber.
If you could let me know I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you.
Robarabian
One more photoClick to view attachment
Robarabian
It is functional. The rubber is attached well, I just see a slight split forming. The bearing spins freely, not rusty, nothing bent. You are welcome to it for free, I will never use it. Unless the smog pump isn't working, I don't see too much stress on the pulley and if you don't over tighten the belt, I am sure it would work for a long time. Others may chime in, I'm not an expert on smog cars, I happened to have bought a 75-76 2.0 engine from another member out here and when I stripped it all down, I put the smog parts into the box with the rest of the FI stuff till I am ready to use any of it.

QUOTE(925tedy @ Feb 8 2021, 07:19 PM) *

Rob

PULLEY update :
BUSTED RUBBERS.

is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

Thank you

Hi there
My fault.
Did you happen to find a working one of these smog pump pulleys, or are they all not functional because of the busted rubber.
Thank you.

925tedy
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Feb 9 2021, 09:22 AM) *

It is functional. The rubber is attached well, I just see a slight split forming. The bearing spins freely, not rusty, nothing bent. You are welcome to it for free, I will never use it. Unless the smog pump isn't working, I don't see too much stress on the pulley and if you don't over tighten the belt, I am sure it would work for a long time. Others may chime in, I'm not an expert on smog cars, I happened to have bought a 75-76 2.0 engine from another member out here and when I stripped it all down, I put the smog parts into the box with the rest of the FI stuff till I am ready to use any of it.

Rob

PULLEY update :
BUSTED RUBBERS.

is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

Thank you

Hi there
My fault.
Thank you.

I’ll take that one.
How much for the shipping?
I’m at
55 Chumasero Drive
San Francisco, Ca. 94132
Robarabian
Ill send it to you Friday when I am not working. I'm sure it will just be a couple bucks. All good, Ill PM you when it goes out with a tracking number. Glad you can use it.

QUOTE(925tedy @ Feb 9 2021, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Feb 9 2021, 09:22 AM) *

Rob

PULLEY update :
BUSTED RUBBERS.

is a charm".

Stay tuned !!!

Thank you

Hi there
My fault.
Thank you.

I’ll take that one.
How much for the shipping?
I’m at
55 Chumasero Drive
San Francisco, Ca. 94132

Jett
Resurrecting this thread… We are trying to restore the smog system on a 76 2.0, and like others are looking for the pulley.

Anyone have the pulley or other smog parts for sale?

Thanks!
ejm
@Jett Check your PM's

Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 28 2022, 03:57 AM) *

@ejm . Responded Ed to the PM and yes will take the pulley, thanks!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.