Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is your Vehicle Identification Number ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer

welcome.png You are in the right place.
Tbrown4x4
I know the first 7 digits. smile.gif
gandalf_025
After 48 years, I would hope so..
Cairo94507
Of course I know it by heart. I lovely car and memorized it the day I bought it. beerchug.gif
914Toy
Hmmmm, with conversion to a "6" plus significant other 911 parts - suspension, crank fire, electric AC, LED lights, other stuff, say 60%. But driving fun is plus 200% evilgrin.gif
framos914
Yup, easy to remember, was the 46th car of 1975 model year, built in 74.
76-914
Hell no. I've even traced it to the build date; twice! And forgotten it both times. av-943.gif
burton73
My 6 starts with 914 and ends with 0041

Bob B
930cabman
Odd, but I know my NYS license number for some unknown reason
bdstone914
Hell no. As Einstein said ther is no need to memorialize anything if you know wher to look it up.
mepstein
I have 5 914's and probably owned about 20 others. Unfortunately, the vins all start with 47 sad.gif

If I tried to remember my vins, it would probably displace what little remains.
914werke
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 23 2021, 03:29 PM) *
Hell no. As Einstein said ther is no need to memorialize anything if you know wher to look it up.
agree.gif Ive somany #'s running thru my head its a fricken marathon ~
BuddyV
4702moneypit
JamesM
I know a few or them, but I have 5 currently.
rgalla9146
I know the last four digits of cars I own....... or owned
914 Ranch
I know this one and 3 others

happy11.gif
zig-n-zag

Sold due to my divorce. 5,143 miles on the odometer.

I’ve heard the new owner may have reset it, with an all new story as well...
VegasRacer
True Story: I went to my installer today to make an appointment to get a replacement spare tire mounted and balanced.

I answered all of their questions about the tire and wheel I planned to drop off.

They asked if I could provide the cars VIN ?

I replied: "Four - Seven - Three - Two - Nine - One - . . . . "

They interrupted: "You do not have your VIN Number memorized ? ! ? !"

Me: (Big shit eating grin.) biggrin.gif . . . . . and then I started again: "4 7 3 2 9 1 0 7 8 7."
tpines
I remember my 914-6's VIN from 1985 when I sold it but can't remember my current one!
Movin6
Mine is a 914-6 VIN ending in 0928. Does that count as knowing? LOL
Root_Werks
Not yet, hasn't been home long enough.
Cairo94507
Absolutely; it's only 10 numbers.
fixer34
Yep. I have a strange penchant for remembering numbers and odd alphanumeric sequences like passwords. I still remember some phone numbers from when I was growing up 50+ years ago.

Now, names... I forget them 5 minutes after I was introduced to someone, even pretty girls...
Jonathan Livesay
I have too many.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Mar 30 2022, 01:26 PM) *

Yep. I have a strange penchant for remembering numbers and odd alphanumeric sequences like passwords. I still remember some phone numbers from when I was growing up 50+ years ago.

Now, names... I forget them 5 minutes after I was introduced to someone, even pretty girls...

Me too.. I can remember phone numbers from old girlfriends, but I can't remember the name that went with it.

But I still remember the name of the most important girlfriend I had.. I eventually married her.

Give me a minute.. Old what's her name.... Oh Yea... @Betty

biggrin.gif
doug_b_928
Yep, and the chassis number, and the number under the dash (which on mine is very close to the chassis number but not identical), and the paint code.
Bullethead
I know all of our Porsche VINs but mainly just the last three or four digits: 098, 247, 484S, 1396. (911T, 356S, 911S, 914/6)
The rest of the garage not so much. And usually only remember about half my driver's license number... Online CC purchases? Thank god for autofill. wink.gif
jim_hoyland

IPB Image
Front yard mechanic
I think I remember it, wait what was the question?
930cabman
Years ago I was able to remember numbers, think drivers license #, but these days I have a hard enough time remembering my 6 grandkid's birthdays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.