Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 2.0 on Southeby's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CBee

Anyone want to guess what this willl sell for?

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/1021/ope...-914-20/1149754
PCH
Very nice! I'm just disappointed that it doesn't have the original oil and gas. And what's with the ripped data plate?
windforfun
QUOTE(PCH @ Sep 20 2021, 04:03 PM) *

Very nice! I'm just disappointed that it doesn't have the original oil and gas. And what's with the ripped data plate?

It's been repainted?
MCShack
QUOTE(windforfun @ Sep 21 2021, 04:07 PM) *

QUOTE(PCH @ Sep 20 2021, 04:03 PM) *

It's been repainted?

It does seem odd that the VIN stamp sticker in the frunk has been torn and looks to have some paint over-spray on it. The Chassis Number plate in the frunk has some paint over-spray on it as well like it might have been repainted, but that is the last place that I would have expected to need a paint touch-up. Why?

I read once that it was against German Automobile laws to paint over or tamper with the VIN stamp sticker on top of the passenger side wheel well in the frunk. I have no idea if this true or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.