Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery Tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9**P-car
For my engine rebuild, I sent all my tin out for powder coating. After assembly, I have 2 pieces of tin that I can't find a home for. Thinking they might be related to the heat ducting, which I have not installed yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Here are some pics with different angles.
rhodyguy
Warm air guides for late heat exchangers. They connect to the HEs and the case. The arched one is dr side.
9**P-car
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 21 2021, 03:59 PM) *

Warm air guides for late heat exchangers. They connect to the HEs and the case. The arched one is dr side.

Thank you!

So I am backdating my exhaust to the early 2.0 heat exchangers, and getting rid of the '75 manifold/exchanger setup. Do you know if the early exchangers had similar warm air guides? If so, I'll have to post a WTB.
type47fan
QUOTE(9**P-car @ Sep 21 2021, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 21 2021, 03:59 PM) *

Thank you!

So I am backdating my exhaust to the early 2.0 heat exchangers, and getting rid of the '75 manifold/exchanger setup. Do you know if the early exchangers had similar warm air guides? If so, I'll have to post a WTB.

PM sent
rhodyguy
The driver's side differs. Side shift, the rear rod runs below the curve. Tail, the rod runs above. Pass side is common.

You should also have earlier L&R J tubes, L&R S shaped ducting and clamping pieces(914rubber has the seals you need for these), warm air elbows and the rear hanger. New fasteners.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.