Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New racing candy for GT tribute
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Retroracer
Updates and tweaks on the car are becoming less frequent - so does that mean that the project is actually finished? smile.gif

Couple of pics to highlight some recent additions from two of our Most Excellent supporting vendors.

1) the GT-style hood strut from Eric at PMB Performance. I changed the mounting hardware to suit my hood (which is fairly chunky fiberglass, not the factory Uber-thin one), but aside from that, this was pretty easy to attach. It works in the same way as the factory ones, apart from they had a funky offset "V" design - not sure why. This is a symmetrical "V" and works great. The springs mean that it tucks up snug to the hood when closed.

Click to view attachment

2) Sheridan Motorsports 911 "rain hat" air filter covers. Got these direct from Roger, although I believe you can buy them through other outlets. Photos show test mount with filters - they look the business! They are slightly amber in color, but will change to a darker tone once heat cycled a few times.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

In other news: Have been monitoring AFR recently (tool nerds: AEM gauge + Innovate Motorsports "tail mount" probe) and as a result have ordered some new main jets for the Zeniths, to cure a WOT lean mixture issue; plus I have a newly refinished fan shroud to fit; so I guess its still a project then.

Bugger.

- Tony
FL000
I dig the hood strut and may go that route when my gas struts fail. If I recall you have clips holding your hood down. Wondering if it can be used with the factory release cable?
Retroracer
QUOTE(FL000 @ Nov 9 2021, 07:10 PM) *

I dig the hood strut and may go that route when my gas struts fail. If I recall you have clips holding your hood down. Wondering if it can be used with the factory release cable?

Yup, I have quad hood pins. However, the PMB strut should be fine in terms of clearing the latch at the front. Where you have to take care is where the mounts / springs on the hood horizontal sit when the hood is closed - the clearance to the bulkhead seal is pretty tight.

- Tony
TRS63
Cool update and really cool car wub.gif

Antoine
mlindner
Looks great Tony, thanks for posting. Mark
rgalla9146

What holds the rain hats on ?
Very cool car.
tygaboy
Props to you for going with that hood support. shades.gif

Retroracer
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 11 2021, 06:06 AM) *

What holds the rain hats on ?
Very cool car.

Vacuum & gravity....! biggrin.gif No, the pic was just a test fit; the product comes with no mounting or vent pipe holes drilled. M4 wing nuts and link springs should complete the look - you can just make out the tops of the stand offs through the translucent fiberglass in the pics.

And thx for the compliments,

- Tony
Retroracer
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 11 2021, 08:03 AM) *

Props to you for going with that hood support. shades.gif

(slap forehead emoji) Uh. @Tygaboy humor......!

- Tony
Retroracer
Now with fasteners:

Click to view attachment

- Tony
TRS63
Dream car wub.gif

Antoine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.