Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Replated door striker sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I have two early amd four late pairs of door striker plates.
They have been replated in brite clear zinc. New stainless screws and lick washers are included. The late strikers have new rubber stoppers installed.
The late sets have the flange to stop the door from being pushed past the striker in the event of a side impact. These changed from the early strikers without the flange. The change happened when they added the impact reinforcements inside of the doors. The late strikers can be used on any year car. The only reason to use the early strikers is if you want to be originally correct.
$50 a set for the late an $40 a set for a pair.
JeffBowlsby
Nice Bruce!

Did you fab those new rubber pads?

Did the original installation include the schnoor-like washers? I dont recall seeing those before.
bdstone914
QUOTE( @ Jan 25 2022, 04:50 PM) *

Nice Bruce!

@JeffBowlsby
Did you fab those new rubber pads?

Did the original installation include the schnoor-like washers? I dont recall seeing those before.

I bought the new pads from Bughaus.com.
They are also used on Bettles of the same year range.
The original screws had a nylon insert in the threads. Since these screws do not have that i added the star lock washers for countersunk screws. Blue Loctite works too.
jettonjoshua
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Jan 25 2022, 09:43 AM' post='2977324']
I have two early amd four late pairs of door striker plates.
They have been replated in brite clear zinc. New stainless screws and lick washers are included. The late strikers have new rubber stoppers installed.
The late sets have the flange to stop the door from being pushed past the striker in the event of a side impact. These changed from the early strikers without the flange. The change happened when they added the impact reinforcements inside of the doors. The late strikers can be used on any year car. The only reason to use the early strikers is if you want to be originally correct.
$50 a set for the late an $40 a set for a pair.
[/quote

I'll take a late set, PM sent.
ClayPerrine
I would like a late set please.

Clay
Sea Rooster
I need 8 plated screws and washers. Have any available?

@bdstone914

bdstone914
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Jan 28 2022, 08:33 AM) *

I need 8 plated screws and washers. Have any available?

@bdstone914

@Sea Rooster

I use new stainless steel crews and zinc plated cone washers. Yes I have them. $12 shipped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.