Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Line Routing with Dual Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NS914
Hi Guys,

I have been searching a bit this afternoon trying to find some nice images re How you have routed fuel lines, particularly through the rear fire wall and up to the carbs.

Could I have a few of you take some pics of both how you routed the lines and also how you fixed them in place re along the fire wall etc.

Truly, thank you for the 100th time for helping me out.

Regards,

Grant
simonjb
Click to view attachment
simonjb
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
Interesting how you set up the carbs Simon. I've always aimed the inlet fittings on carbs to the rear, but what you've done is nicely organized and keeps the hoses out of the way.
NS914
Simon, really nice set up and you solidified my thoughts about a Pressure Regulator. those pics below are great. I had not thought of that routing so really glad you displayed that.

I knew I could count on our community! thanks again.

Grant
simonjb
Thanks guys - I learned it from this site as well! And I recall I have Tangerine components - aka the best !
friethmiller
I'm using Tangerine's fuel pump/filter/lines, as well. I really like Simon's setup. It makes mine look like crap biggrin.gif. Though I did have to deal with the heim rod brace in routing the fuel hose. I drove this through-out the summer in Texas and never had any issues with vapor-lock.

Click to view attachment
NARP74
That filter pump combo is available several places, it says don't separate the two or it will void the warranty. I wonder why? I do like that it solved the placement issues by doing it though.
NS914
Such a Clean Car and thanks for posting.

Regards,

Grant
friethmiller
Chris,

My carbs feed from the the front as well but that's only because I decided to flip them to put the throttle wheels to the back. There's just too much in the way to get a straight shot for the slave cable. My fuel line still routes from the rear and into a tee that splits in equal length lines to each carb. I pulled the Tee out a bit here for the photo. Just noticed I used the wrong type of clamp going into the Tee. Damn! Add that to my To-Do list biggrin.gif Hope all this helps, Grant.

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Check Nacho’s 73 2270 set up on his fuel lines.
So clean! Well if you’re local SoCal, you will see his car so clean even underneath the car.

Click to view attachment
NARP74
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 1 2022, 09:05 AM) *

So clean! Well if you’re local SoCal, you will see his car so clean even underneath the car.

Click to view attachment

That is a work of art!
simonjb
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 1 2022, 11:05 AM) *

Click to view attachment

very nice !
NS914
Just reviewing again...my god you guys build beautiful cars....I have a lot of work to do if I want to come even close to your cars....just Wow! thanks again.
NS914
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Dec 1 2022, 11:58 AM) *

Chris,

My carbs feed from the the front as well but that's only because I decided to flip them to put the throttle wheels to the back. There's just too much in the way to get a straight shot for the slave cable. My fuel line still routes from the rear and into a tee that splits in equal length lines to each carb. I pulled the Tee out a bit here for the photo. Just noticed I used the wrong type of clamp going into the Tee. Damn! Add that to my To-Do list biggrin.gif Hope all this helps, Grant.

Click to view attachment

Chris, this really does....thank you for making the time to post!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.