Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need comments PCA GGR, LPR and RR members!, Concerning doing away with Ladies classes in regions
nine14cats
post May 8 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

I encourage members of PCA Golden Gate, Loma Prieta, Redwood Region and Zone 7 to post comments on the GGR "Online Community" BBS concerning comments made by the GGR Competition Director that the region do away with Ladies Classes in AX and Time Trial events. You can go to this link and see the comments I have made and add your own:

PCA-GGR Online Community

Basically, the proposal to make a proposal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) is to do away with Ladies classes. The thought is that everyone is the same and we shouldn't differentiate by gender. Doris and I have always tried to recruit more of the wives, girlfriends, significant others of people running at the events to help promote the fun that we share as a couple driving at the events. Doris isn't the quickest driver but she isn't slow either, as she has a Time Trial lap record for women in our 914-6 and has finished as high as 7th place in overall standing at a Zone 7 AX. But in her opinion, which I am expressing for her here, is that on a social and competitive level, most of the women she has tried to recruit for AX events don't want to compete against the men. And since there are only a handful of women competing, it's self fullfilling as a lack ladies participaton will continue.

The bottom line is this decision will be made by a group of track folks without any say so from other memebers. This is not a slam on the governing folks at all. But I suggested why doesn't the board actively advertise and promote recruitment of female members and new members in general. Why not do it at every AX when doing the drivers meeting? Ask the members what they would want to see. Not have a group of people who drive race cars do it because they are the exception to the driving experience, not the rule. Most folks in the club just want to have a nice time and compete in a friendly environment, which includes ladies against ladies. Doris' feelings are that it promote comradarie with the women.

But however you feel, it is best if we hear from several voices, not just a few, for or against the proposal.

I urge you to go to the website and post your comments. The section to look at is under "Rules Proposals".

Thanks,

Doris and Bill Pickering
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
nine14cats   Need comments PCA GGR, LPR and RR members!   May 8 2006, 02:20 PM
lapuwali   I'll have to agree with Doris on this one. ...   May 8 2006, 02:54 PM
Randal  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 02:07 PM