Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creamsicle resto thread- A little sad tonight, Sold & loaded on a trailer! Headed to Florida to Tommy
JRust
post Nov 20 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #141

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I do need to get on the ball & do something. Haven't done much but look at it as I walk by. Thinking how much nicer it would be to have my stinking Excursion in the garage in this cold weather. I need to start working on it again. Thanks for the reminder Drew (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . I still don't have my motor but I have plenty I can do. I'll try to spend a few hours on it saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Nov 20 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #142

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Just trying to keep you on task buddy! The sooner you get it done, the sooner it gets sold and then you can finish the buick V8 and the 73 (for the wife (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) )!

Hey, Beavers at Wash. St. Saturday at 2PM! Go Beavers!!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 25 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #143

914 Guru

My engine is finally done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Picking it up tommorow morning. I couldn't wait to see it so I had him take a couple pics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . Flywheel on it is going to get turned. Has a little surface rust but no biggie! Wonder what I'll be working on tommorow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 26 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #144

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Are you going to clean up that tin jamie? Looks like someone blew the hell out of an engine and left it oily! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Nov 26 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #145

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

So will you put everything on the engine before you put it in the car or will you do that stuff when its mounted?
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 26 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #146

914 Guru

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 26 2009, 11:37 AM) *

Are you going to clean up that tin jamie? Looks like someone blew the hell out of an engine and left it oily! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yeah I know Rob! Strange huh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . I'll be spit shining it later.

Hey Billy yes I'll be puting everything on it while it's out. When I go to install it I will be starting it & breaking it in that day. I'm just excited to work on it again. I haven't felt inspired in at least a month. Now I'm chomping at the bit. Just picked it up this morning. I'll be unloading it when my load of family get's here in an hour. Doubt I'll get to do much with it until saturday. Have a house full today. I may try to sneak out some later tonight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
914werke
post Nov 26 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #147

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

I haven't felt inspired in at least a month.

I know the feeling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Nov 26 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #148

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

Still have my trans on the wood blocks! Supposed to pull the motor to powder coat the tins but still haven't done that? Thinking of just buying a set of 2.0 tins and coat those instead of mine.

By the way Happy Turkey day Guys!!!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 27 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #149

914 Guru

Allright I finally did something. I put my rear bumper tits on (thanks Conedodger). I painted a few things black to freshen them up. Rear emblems, engine bar, Foglight grills, liscense plate frames & my windshield wiper arms. I also added my new rear trunk seals (thanks Camp914)>

I also started getting my carbs put on my motor. I am missing a couple gaskets though. Is the gasket that goes between the carbs & the Manifolds one piece or 2?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 27 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #150

Apex killer!

The tin looks cleaner too! Ooohhh! I have touched those titties!!! I told you they were in great shape!

Nice work. Work inspires work. Keep it up!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 27 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #151

914 Guru

Good eye I did clean up the tin too! You may have had your hands on those tits but they are mine now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 27 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #152

Apex killer!

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 27 2009, 08:19 PM) *

Good eye I did clean up the tin too! You may have had your hands on those tits but they are mine now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Ohhh... This is awkward. Jamie is with my ex... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Nov 28 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #153

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Jamie,
The car is looking great--love the rear picture shot you just posted. Is that bumper top one of Mikey's? Eventually, I'll have to break down and buy both of his front and rear bumper tops.

Keep the momentum going... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 28 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #154

914 Guru

Nope the rear isn't one of Marks. Found a damn near perfect one at Conedodgers Sac swap I went to last spring. I do have his front bumper top on it though. I also have some of his seals to put on. I should make decent progress today. I actually have most the saturday open. So I plan to spend alot of it in the garage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . Probably get my tranny all mated up. I'd like to get the ss HE & exhaust all on too.

Is it easier to put those on once the motor & tranny are bolted in the car? I think I usually put them on after but it's been a few years. Be nice to have it all bolted together.
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Nov 28 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #155

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 28 2009, 07:34 AM) *

Is it easier to put those on once the motor & tranny are bolted in the car? I think I usually put them on after but it's been a few years. Be nice to have it all bolted together.

Probably just personal preference. I like to put everything on the motor, trans, exhaust, everything and lift it up as a whole unit. I hate working under the car--but that's just me. You might wait on putting the carbs on though, unless your OK with lifting the car that much higher.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 28 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #156

914 Guru

I got a few things done today but not as much as I'd hoped. I needed a stud puller so I decided a trip to Harbor freight was in order. Of course it is abut 40 minutes from my house. Once there of course they didn't carry a stud puller. So I bought the ATV jack alot of guys on here use for their motor installs.

Then stopped at the local VW parts place & picked up a few gaskets I was missing for my carbs. Also stopped at Knechts for some blue locktite. Ended up being a good 2 1/2 hour trip. Oh & the local tool shop for a stud puller.

Once I got back home I put together my new jack. Transfered my engine onto it. Installed my newly painted engine bar. Added the studs I was missing on the case below the flywheel for the tranny. I wet sanded some of the parts I painted & added another coat. Got my tranny out & started cleaning it up. I know I pressure washed it before Dr. Evil's tranny clinic? I didn't realize how much crap was still on there. So I'll be spendingsome time cleaning that up some more. Just wouldn't do to mate it to my nice fresh motor. Got clutch, PP & flywheel all ready to bolt up.
Hey what is the torque for the flywheel bolts?

Then I'll bolt my tranny up. Install my SS HE & exhaust. Hope to do some of it tommorow afternoon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I didn't get as much done as I wanted today. Still it was a really nice to have the day dedicated to my 914.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 28 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #157

Apex killer!

By the way, I will be holding the swap meet again this coming spring! Probably March or April...

+Quote Post
914werke
post Nov 28 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #158

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 27 2009, 08:08 PM) *

I also started getting my carbs put on my motor. I am missing a couple gaskets though. Is the gasket that goes between the carbs & the Manifolds one piece or 2?

Carbs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Blasphemy
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 28 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #159

914 Guru

I am putting carbs on only to break in my motor. MY FI setup I haven't actually used. Don't know the condition of anything of it. So I will get it running with the carbs I got from you Rich. Then I will be putting my FI on it later. I have pretty much everything for my FI. Just didn't want to troubleshoot the FI when doing the break in of my motor.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 29 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #160

914 Guru

Put on a few more pieces today. Foglight grills, emblems, Flywheel, Clutch & Pressure plate. I started to mate up the tranny but got interupted. So that will wait for another day. I'm hoping to get one night this week to work on it some more.

Busy week with Basketball for my girls. They have games tuesday, friday & Saturday. My son also has Bball practice wed & friday which I got roped into coaching (a first for me). Allready had one parent complain after our first practice that things weren't very organized (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . This after I met with the parent's before our practice to tell them this was my first year coaching & to bear with me as I learn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) .

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

20 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd July 2024 - 02:29 AM