Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creamsicle resto thread- A little sad tonight, Sold & loaded on a trailer! Headed to Florida to Tommy
JRust
post Dec 7 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #361

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Tonight is bitter sweet. It has been a long road since my restoration began. So many headache's & a few nightmare experiences with shops. I am happy to have this chapter of my life with my restoration come to a close. It was really hard to see it go. I am still incredibly worried something will happen in transport. Or the new owner Tommy won't be happy with it. I have always been open & honest with my car. Probably to my own detriment. I would rather talk something down & have someone be really happy. Than to praise it & have some disappointment.

Will I do one again? I dont think so to this extent. At least not a bone stock resto. I think I'll stick to my conversions. I'm going to get my v8 car setup & just enjoy driving my 914 again. I think I have had enough of the multiple 914 projects. I have 3 right now but really the v8 is the only one that is staying.

So no regrets here but I am a little sad tonight to have my Creamsicle gone for good. I am glad it is going to a fellow 914world member. I hope he will enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the years with this project. There are to many to thanks but I will give a big shout out to my buddy Mark at Original customs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) He was my saving grace on more than one occasion. So much so I made the 9 hour drive to his place I think 3 different times for work.

To the 914 world community to whom I owe so much. My sincere thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Dec 7 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #362

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Noooooo...they didnt put that on the transport backwards did they....I hear the rear windows can come out at highway speeds.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 7 2012, 05:26 AM
Post #363

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

And open transport as well!!!! This car deserved the extra money for enclosed transport ....I hope it makes it okay
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Dec 7 2012, 08:31 AM
Post #364

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253

Well, Jamie I'm happy for you. I bet it was hard to see it go, even though it was the right thing to do for you. I'm excited to see your V8 go through the transformation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Are you going to paint it black? I sure miss working on a project car. Linda and I will be traveling through the NE this Summer and hopefully we can connect. At Thanksgiving I met my niece's boyfriend who is a bio engineer student at San Diego State...and guess where he lived and worked until recently...Yup, Corvalis. He worked at your HP plant. It's a small world. I showed him a picture of a 914 and asked if he had seen any of those running around his home town. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Mark
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Dec 7 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #365

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Nov 27 2012, 08:28 PM) *

Glad it finally worked out Jamie!
Have you found another one yet? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Mike

More like has another one found him yet? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Way to go Jamie! Bet you can't get down to just one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 7 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #366

914 Guru

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 7 2012, 08:22 AM) *

More like has another one found him yet? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Way to go Jamie! Bet you can't get down to just one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Ironically I bought a Triumph TR7 convertible last night. It has a Buick 215 v8 in it & I couldn't resist. Motor is built & I am supposed to get the dyno of 260hp to the rear wheels. Guy had it sitting in his garage parked since 1995. The body has a few dings but has NO rust! Overall it is in good shape but I admit it was a weak moment for me to go look at a car. If it wasn't for the motor I would not have bothered

On the transport I wasn't thrilled with anything about it. It is just temporary. They were only hauling it 120 miles to Vancouver. Where it is getting loaded on a Semi for the trip to Florida. Not enclosed transport there either but better than last night's.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 7 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #367

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

a TR7? shouldn't that be a TR8? good luck with that one jamie. are you going to build a wedge shaped garage?

k
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 7 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #368

914 Guru

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 7 2012, 09:54 AM) *

a TR7? shouldn't that be a TR8? good luck with that one jamie. are you going to build a wedge shaped garage?

k

It is a wanna'b TR8. It is a conversion which seemed fitting to me last night
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 7 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #369

914 Guru

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 6 2012, 11:24 PM) *

Noooooo...they didnt put that on the transport backwards did they....I hear the rear windows can come out at highway speeds.

Yeah it was a fiasco with those guys last night. They came & left to go get another car. Then came back to load again. I was not there when they put it in place. I had planned to be but they were gone for a good hour so I left to go grab the TR7 I bought. When I came back they had it on with the other 3 cars behind it. To say I was less than thrilled with it would be an understatement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Dec 7 2012, 09:10 PM
Post #370

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 7 2012, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 7 2012, 08:22 AM) *

Ironically I bought a Triumph TR7 convertible last night. It has a Buick 215 v8 in it & I couldn't resist. Motor is built & I am supposed to get the dyno of 260hp to the rear wheels. Guy had it sitting in his garage parked since 1995. The body has a few dings but has NO rust! Overall it is in good shape but I admit it was a weak moment for me to go look at a car. If it wasn't for the motor I would not have bothered

On the transport I wasn't thrilled with anything about it. It is just temporary. They were only hauling it 120 miles to Vancouver. Where it is getting loaded on a Semi for the trip to Florida. Not enclosed transport there either but better than last night's.

So you're saying that the 'Sicle wasn't even on the transporter before you were off buying another car? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) Guess I win that bet!

Be sure to tell the guys on the Triumph forum that you bought the car to swap the engine into a 914...that should get a reaction. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Better yet, tell them you're swapping it into an X/19.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Dec 7 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #371

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

That TR7.5 should be fun though. No pics?
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 7 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #372

914 Guru

QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 7 2012, 07:22 PM) *

That TR7.5 should be fun though. No pics?

Not yet. I dropped it at a buddies until I get my shop cleaned out. The top is bad & it is raining. So it probably won't be to my house until next weekend. It's white with black accents. Guess I can call it the ice cream sandwich (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post Dec 7 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #373

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

Jamie I think I feel similar to you. It's such a great car, but I know it's not the car you really want. Glad to see it go. Sad to see it go.

So when does the triumph come down? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Dec 7 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #374

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have an offer to trade my viper car for a 46k TR-6.... I dont think so .....german versus Brit. = not on my watch.

my dad brain washed me
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 8 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #375

Car Hoarder!

Glad to see you appreciate the British cars as well!

I used to have a 1980 TR8...bought it from the original owner back in 1996. The car only had around 35K miles. It was a nice car and EXTREMELY reliable. The only work I did on it was stuff i wanted to do...the car never left me stranded.

My current British ride is a 1973 TR6!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i268.photobucket.com-12871-1354990264.1.jpg)

+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 8 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #376

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

VERY nice Triumph! My buddy Richard had one in the 70's. He still regrets selling it.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 8 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #377

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 7 2012, 01:47 AM) *

Tonight is bitter sweet. It has been a long road since my restoration began. So many headache's & a few nightmare experiences with shops. I am happy to have this chapter of my life with my restoration come to a close. It was really hard to see it go. I am still incredibly worried something will happen in transport. Or the new owner Tommy won't be happy with it. I have always been open & honest with my car. Probably to my own detriment. I would rather talk something down & have someone be really happy. Than to praise it & have some disappointment.

Will I do one again? I dont think so to this extent. At least not a bone stock resto. I think I'll stick to my conversions. I'm going to get my v8 car setup & just enjoy driving my 914 again. I think I have had enough of the multiple 914 projects. I have 3 right now but really the v8 is the only one that is staying.

So no regrets here but I am a little sad tonight to have my Creamsicle gone for good. I am glad it is going to a fellow 914world member. I hope he will enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the years with this project. There are to many to thanks but I will give a big shout out to my buddy Mark at Original customs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) He was my saving grace on more than one occasion. So much so I made the 9 hour drive to his place I think 3 different times for work.

To the 914 world community to whom I owe so much. My sincere thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) Attached Image

Damn, I feel bad for buying it now! lol

I just happen to discover 914World and Jamie's restoration thread in searching LE Can Am cars, just looking for old memorabilia, ads, pics, etc. I spent an entire afternoon reading the entire thread and was happy to discover so many 914 buffs like myself (I've owned two). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I contacted Jamie about his car and over the course of a month or so, getting to know him, found him to be a pretty nice guy, honest, informative, generous and moreover, reminded me of an elderly gentleman who after pulling me over not having my first 914 for 24 hours to check out my car and later befriended (this guy was a 914 expert, "Dr. Phil" the Porsche doctor I called him, owned 18 914s over his lifetime, offered to help work on my first car and found my second one and we became friends before he passed away).

My correspondence with Jamie over the last few months has been really great. Not just in regards to the car, but getting to know him and the kind of guy he is. He's been very helpful, honest, informative, generous with his time, and resources throughout our correspondence and sale of the car. I know he put a lot of time and effort into this car, so even though he wanted to let it go, I know it's personal when you put so much into it, which is one of the reasons that made it special for me too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'm very happy to have this car as my third 914 (hoping to sell my nice red '75 soon to help pay for it!). It will have a good home and be well enjoyed - all thanks to Jamie who put so much into it. Unfortunately, I'm not so mechanically inclined as most of you guys are, so I do appreciate all the work that was done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) It's funny, I never had any intention of buying another 914 until I came across this thread.

I'm very much looking forward to receiving the car. I bought it a couple weeks ago now and it'll be another week and a half before it arrives, hopefully without the rear window blown out! lol! If so, Anybody know where I can find another rear window with defroster? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

So anyway, I'm very happy to know Jamie, my first friend on 914 World, happy to discover this community of enthusiasts and experts of a shared love for this car and very happy to soon be driving a beautiful 914 LE that is just that much more special from all the time, energy, love and effort that went into making it into what it is today. Thank you, Jamie! And thank you 914 World!

Oh, one other thing - this Creamsicle - made ON MY BIRTHDAY! How cool is that?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

The proud and most recent owner of a 914 LE Can Am 'Creamsicle' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Tommy
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 8 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #378

LUFTBRIGADE

Oh yeah - and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) to me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 8 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #379

Car Hoarder!

I'm glad that you got the car; albeit with a somewhat heavy heart. I had been looking for some extra cash to buy it and just as I got everything lined up, you bought it!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Seriously, though. I am happy for you and think it's a great car. I am happy to see it come to the East Coast. You are only three hours away from me and Phil W...maybe you can make a road trip to the South Carolina LowCountry some day. At the very least we'll see you at the Tropical Ramble next year!
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 8 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #380

LUFTBRIGADE

That would be cool! Yeah, I was hoping to sell my nice red '75 before buying the car, but it seemed there was other interest in it so I had to go ahead and buy it. Need to sell my red one now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I don't know who Phil W is or anybody on 914 World that is in my city or surrounding area either, so it would be nice to meet up with other enthusiasts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

When and where is the Tropical Ramble? I would love check that out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

20 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th October 2024 - 03:23 PM