Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NW Teeners BBQ, August 8th, 2:00pm, Edmonds WA, Now updated with pics............What a day!
Mr.242
post Aug 4 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #161

May your glass be smaller so it's always FULL!

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,160
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Sorry on the Turkey....no room or time.

I am buying the meat today! 4 pork shoulders for pulled-pork (anyone chime in on buns?) And this will be great eats!

6-7 slabs of ribs, 14 bones on each! Will be cut and served.....

PanelBilly is bring Corn on the cob and that should fill the BinFord. Cooking temps will be 250 degrees for 4 hours on the ribs! Custom BBQ rub by Uncle Jebs BBQ.

Atomic Buffalo Turds will be created on Saturday and served as an APPY as we wait for the meat to finish.

Comments or concerns? PM me.

Thanks,
Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 4 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #162

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Aug 4 2010, 12:56 PM) *

Sorry on the Turkey....no room or time.

I am buying the meat today! 4 pork shoulders for pulled-pork (anyone chime in on buns?) And this will be great eats!

6-7 slabs of ribs, 14 bones on each! Will be cut and served.....

PanelBilly is bring Corn on the cob and that should fill the BinFord. Cooking temps will be 250 degrees for 4 hours on the ribs! Custom BBQ rub by Uncle Jebs BBQ.

Atomic Buffalo Turds will be created on Saturday and served as an APPY as we wait for the meat to finish.

Comments or concerns? PM me.

Thanks,
Mark

I'll take car of buns no problem. Happy to help with anything else (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Aug 4 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #163

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

You guys are killing me with all the talk of ribs! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

They don't know how to cook ribs or BBQ here....damn Dutch cook everything to death like the Brits.....

I live on chinese food here....Tjauw min..
Have a great time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
mstein95
post Aug 4 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #164

Back when grey Levi's were the rage.

Member No.: 5,959

I want to contibute to the meat/food fund. I can paypal today or bring some cash with me. Who is collecting again (to lazy to look back through thread)?
+Quote Post
aircooledtechguy
post Aug 4 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #165

The Aircooledtech Guy

Member No.: 9,730

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Can't wait!!

If you miss this; you're missing out!!
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 4 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #166

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(mstein95 @ Aug 4 2010, 02:50 PM) *

I want to contibute to the meat/food fund. I can paypal today or bring some cash with me. Who is collecting again (to lazy to look back through thread)?

Just bring cash. We'll make sure you have an opportunity to contribute to the cause.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Aug 4 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #167

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Take lots of pictures please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mr.242
post Aug 5 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #168

May your glass be smaller so it's always FULL!

Member No.: 9,160

UPDATE: 12 racks of RIBS.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Seriously, LET'S GET SERIOUS, right?

White T-shirts are going to be dangerous people!

I will not be driving the SIX. Will concentrate on getting the BinFord to it's full potential. Plus, family is unable to attend with me. I will bring a jackstand to place near the BinFord Trailer; that will be my car show!

Next planning item: Who's bringing the jack, tools, jackstands to this shindig? ya know someone is going to need some mechanical work done and 10 guys will wanna jump in on the car and fix it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

ALSO: I work till 4a on Saturday am. I won't be able to make it to the Swap meet due to sleep and BBQ prep need for Saturday. I'm looking for/NEED 2 cookie cutter wheels 15x6. I have cash and will pay someone back at the BBQ if they can score me a set or bring me a set to the BBQ. my cell: fiveOH9. 5FIVE3.9246 text or call me if we can work out a deal for your time. Thanks!

See ya all soon!

+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 5 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #169

914 Neferati

Man, I spent an hour on the phone with Mr.242 (Mark is a great guy!) and I am jacked. The food is going to be awesome! I dropped off some shelters, tables and ice chests over at Garrett's today and the grounds look incredible! I'm not making this stuff up, we are set for an epic event that will go down in PNW lore!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Why wouldn't you be there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Don't miss out on great food, great people, great cars in a great setting. We're going to need EATERS! So get off your butts and come on down. If you're not on the list, so what. Come on down.

If you're wondering what to bring, we need ice, baked beans, salads or desserts; but most of all, WE NEED YOU!

OK, that's it. I'm out of breath and my computer ran out of exclamation points...
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 5 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #170

914 Guru

I am set. I am taking tommorow off work so I can prep & load the swap meet stuff. I am also planning on bringing my 11 year old son along. Making a nice guys weekend out of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . I am pretty sure we will be going to the Mariners game Saturday night. To those that offered to let me crash at their place. I really appreciatte the offers. Since I am bringing my son along we will just get a hotel. Don't want to overload you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) .

I hope there will be some more kids at the BBQ. See you all soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 5 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #171

914 Neferati

OK, now for some last minute details. We want to keep the lawn reserved for the classics (all p-cars included in that category). If you're arriving in a modern car, you can drive in to unload your stuff, but then we'll have you park across the road at an elementary school.

We'll be setting up in the early afternoon, so if you show up early you'll probably get put to work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) We'll also need a couple of people to help park cars and direct cars in from the street.

We'll have some ice chests to help keep your beverages cold and will even have some water and sodas on hand to 'prime the pump' so to speak, but you're encouraged to bring your own.

There are some very nice spots around the grounds to hang out, so don't forget to bring your chairs.

Most important, don't wake up Monday morning thinking, "I really wish I'd gone to the BBQ yesterday" In the immortal words of Flounder, "THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT"!!
+Quote Post
RRietman
post Aug 5 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #172

Member No.: 11,124
Region Association: None

OK; So the wife and I will be coming down from Bellingham with the 74 1.8. I have a request, if anyone has an extra engine timing hole plug they could bring along, I'm in the market for one.
Thanks
Randy
I'll bring a little pot of beans
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 5 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #173

914 Neferati

QUOTE(RRietman @ Aug 5 2010, 01:11 PM) *

OK; So the wife and I will be coming down from Bellingham with the 74 1.8. I have a request, if anyone has an extra engine timing hole plug they could bring along, I'm in the market for one.
Thanks
Randy
I'll bring a little pot of beans

Hey Randy, glad you were able to clear your schedule to make it. Look forward to meeting you.
+Quote Post
aircooledtechguy
post Aug 5 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #174

The Aircooledtech Guy

Member No.: 9,730

Randy: I have a spare fan shroud plug in my glove box for you. Just remind me to give it to you at the event when I meet you, cause I'll forget. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

JRust: I'm bringing my 10 y/o son with me so he won't be the lone kid.

Can't wait!!!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 5 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #175

914 Guru

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Aug 5 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Randy: I have a spare fan shroud plug in my glove box for you. Just remind me to give it to you at the event when I meet you, cause I'll forget. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

JRust: I'm bringing my 10 y/o son with me so he won't be the lone kid.

Can't wait!!!

Perfect! I have not got anything ready for the swap meet yet. Well I did get some tires pulled off rims. So I guess I have gotten a minor bit done. I'll be looking through stuff tommorow morning & deciding what to bring. Doubt I am going to go overboard. I should be keeping it pretty simple. Last thing I want is to bring a bunch of stuff home with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . Time to go hotel shopping (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post Aug 6 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #176

Nothing to see here.

Member No.: 3,945

I'm in Tacoma now! Feels so good being out of that east coast humidity. Things are still lookin good for me.

So does an American car thats older than the 914 qualify as a classic and get the priveledge of parking on the grass? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 6 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #177

914 Neferati

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 6 2010, 08:02 AM) *

I'm in Tacoma now! Feels so good being out of that east coast humidity. Things are still lookin good for me.

So does an American car thats older than the 914 qualify as a classic and get the priveledge of parking on the grass? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Sure. I'm told there will likely be some American iron showing up, including a '53 Caddy.
+Quote Post
NORD
post Aug 7 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #178

Member No.: 2,756

I'm driving the 914 rain or shine Sunday to the BBQ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

See you all about 2:00.

If I put the salad in the front trunk next to the oil cooler that should

keep the salad cool also? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Got to go get the Shrimp,

Now shrimp are the Purple things that grow on pilings in the salt

water?

I have a Croquet set, should I bring it? we could play around the cars.
+Quote Post
greenie
post Aug 7 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #179

Member No.: 3,013

So what time are we supposed to show-up for this shindig? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
jsaum
post Aug 7 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #180

Member No.: 7,809
Region Association: None

The time frames I've seen on the post range from early afternoon to 2:00 PM. I plan on getting there sometime around noon to help set up. Any one have an official start time?

Jsaum
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th October 2024 - 08:01 AM