Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My new pepboys seats...., Not bad...
jwalters
post Dec 15 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #61

Sooo Close.......

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Got mine today--yippie!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

They are a tight fit on my personal frame--will probably try and spread the hip portion out another 1/2 inch--but other than that ---yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Thanks for turning me onto this!! I was having a very hard time swallowing the cost of recovering the miscule stockers....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dan10101
post Dec 15 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #62

TORQUE-o-holic

Member No.: 626
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Dec 15 2004, 02:20 PM)
I wonder if they designed it for taller people to remove the cushion.
Felix

Felix,
The underwire frame doesn't allow the front cushion to be removed. That was one of my concerns.

Jwalters.. What is your thought now that you've seen the seats? I mean about the cushion under the front leg.

Andrew got his car running, Brakes and torsion bars, but hasn't had time to work on the seat mounts. I just got the welder back so he can start playing.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post
DougC
post Dec 16 2004, 10:01 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 2,307

My PB seat adventure last night... I go to the first PB (closest to my house) no manager is around and everyone else looks at me like I'm from Mars when I mention "in store specials" I give up after about 15 minutes of trying to get someone to order a set for me..the guy keeps saying 'we can't order anything after 6pm'. When I was leaving he suggests that I try 'Cartoys' I just shake my head and roll my eyes. I then head across town to the next PB and finally get someone to help me, he couldn't get the computer to tally up a total so he calls the manager. She gets the same thing and calls the home office or someplace, they tell her that the "system" is down. She suggests that I come back tomorrow (today) and try again. This group was fairly helpfull so I guess I will. BTW, I did get to sit in one and I found them to be very snugg and I'm not a big guy, I'll try to bend the tube frame a bit wider also. That leg support piece is also a little extreme for a street car but I think if you added an upholstered cushion where your bottom actually sits it would be a lot better...because it's very deep.

Doug C
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Dec 16 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #64

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I put a little pillow in front and found it to help alot.. lol

And for extra long trips. a large pillow covering the entire bottom seemed to make it just comfy... I think I'll make a couple of pads and experiment...

Andrew
+Quote Post
RON S.
post Dec 16 2004, 12:26 PM
Post #65

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

I don't mean to hijack your thread.
I thought I'd search on evilbay to see if any of the pepboy seats might be listed.
I found these here with a buy it now price of $378.00 a pair.
Who ever is selling them wants an additional 120.00 to ship them which seems pretty steep.
Nice lookin seats.

Ron

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DougC
post Dec 16 2004, 01:59 PM
Post #66

Nice yes, but you could get almost three sets of the PB seats for that money.

Doug C
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Dec 16 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #67

Spooling.... Please wait

I contemplated buying those seats.. thats an evolution of the "nex seats"

see this thread...Nex seats install

The problem with those seats, they hit the handbrake. Note the "flare on the front of the seat.

lots of modification to get my handbrake to work with that....

Andrew
+Quote Post
DougC
post Dec 16 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #68

OK, sent the wife in today to complete last nights transaction and she was able to get them ordered however, she was told not to pay until we picked them up which leaves me a little doubtful. Also, the model#25-2705 came up as bk/bl which means I may be getting a set that's black and blue, they couldn't find an all black model or one with a description bk/bk etc. So I guess we'll see. If I really like them I may eventually have them recovered in a nice tan leather (further down the road).

Doug C
+Quote Post
Carlitos Way
post Dec 16 2004, 05:37 PM
Post #69

I did it MY WAY

Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

I just "happen" to know one of the managers at my local pep boys. If you want me to find out the proper color code for you, please PM and I will see if he can help.

Carlos
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Dec 16 2004, 05:55 PM
Post #70

Spooling.... Please wait

25-2705 is what I have.

Its Blk/Blk.. No worries.
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Dec 16 2004, 06:14 PM
Post #71

Sooo Close.......

QUOTE(dan10101 @ Dec 15 2004, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Dec 15 2004, 02:20 PM)
I wonder if they designed it for taller people to remove the cushion.  
Felix

Felix,
The underwire frame doesn't allow the front cushion to be removed. That was one of my concerns.

Jwalters.. What is your thought now that you've seen the seats? I mean about the cushion under the front leg.

Andrew got his car running, Brakes and torsion bars, but hasn't had time to work on the seat mounts. I just got the welder back so he can start playing.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I am very happy with them! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

I am going to procure a one inch thick piece of confor seat foam from my aviation supplier and take it to an upholsterer to cover and match the material but make them silver ( the seats are black) and fill in the ass area a little.

When I sit in them and rock back as it would be in my car it rocks!!!! My groin has been aching from lack of support for my legs!!

I am going to spread the hip area out at least 1/2 inch--right now it is "hard" to get in them--but damn, once I am in they will surely hold me in place.

For those of you have trouble finding part numbers--the seats are listed in the paper specials flier that is always somewhere in the front of the store.

Have a good one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Dec 16 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #72

Sooo Close.......

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) And to give you an example--I am 6' and 220 lbs.....
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 16 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #73

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Hoo boy! Well Im 6'1" and a few beers shy of that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
I just got back from ordering a set of these so merry christmass to me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
I guess that means Ill have a set of pretty good blk seats need a new home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
DougC
post Dec 17 2004, 09:18 AM
Post #74

For those of you have trouble finding part numbers--the seats are listed in the paper specials flier that is always somewhere in the front of the store.

Yeah but at my PB the add showed a red seat and a blue seat and the model numbers under them were #25-2701 and #25-2705....see what I mean the add is off. Then when my wife placed the order just yesterday she brought home a new add that showed a red seat and a grey seat.. SAME MODEL #s! But like Andyrew said 'No worries'. Atleast we got 'em ordered.

Doug C
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Dec 17 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #75

Sooo Close.......

QUOTE(DougC @ Dec 17 2004, 07:18 AM)

Yeah but at my PB the add showed a red seat and a blue seat and the model numbers under them were #25-2701 and #25-2705....see what I mean the add is off. Then when my wife placed the order just yesterday she brought home a new add that showed a red seat and a grey seat.. SAME MODEL #s! But like Andyrew said 'No worries'. Atleast we got 'em ordered.

Doug C

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Yea, the guy at the counter was privy to that--told me I vould have black or red--he went by the same p/n tho---so go figure...................
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Dec 18 2004, 09:51 PM
Post #76

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

You get them in? Pix would be appreciated. Might make a stop at PB myself tomorrow.

I have a fiat that needs new seats too. Hmmm.....

- Joe
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 24 2004, 06:01 PM
Post #77

Just got Back from PU of my seats !!
Not bad (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
I see now what was described as a "Hole". Doesnt seem
too obtrusive I bet a simple cushion could "Tailor" the seat to your tousch (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
Again at 6.1" 33"waist its a bit snug at the Hips but I think with a small amount of widening effort, should net a perfect fit.
Im following with intrest your slider solution as I prefer the fit to be as close to the stockers as possible.
Jwalters are you running a back Pad?
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Dec 25 2004, 07:37 AM
Post #78

Sooo Close.......

QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Dec 24 2004, 04:01 PM)
Just got Back from PU of my seats !!
Not bad (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
I see now what was described as a "Hole". Doesnt seem
too obtrusive I bet a simple cushion could "Tailor" the seat to your tousch (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
Again at 6.1" 33"waist its a bit snug at the Hips but I think with a small amount of widening effort, should net a perfect fit.
Im following with intrest your slider solution as I prefer the fit to be as close to the stockers as possible.
Jwalters are you running a back Pad?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) Nope, no pad---weighs too much,and would foul the seats( I sit almost all the way back) getting rid of the sound deadener also--will use some dynamat, and then glue in grey speaker cloth over the entire surface--I figured it would save me about 22# and still have superior sound deadening------ I saw a teener in Excellance mag doing just this--and man it looked nice!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 31 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #79

Well I took some time did some measuring and started work on fitting the seats today.
After removing the hog clips attaching the cover to the seat base you can see the mounts welded to the outside of the frame and a rail to guide the fabric.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 31 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #80

The necessary mounting location ended up being directly over the frame rails so I cut those off, & Trimmed the tapped post's

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 01:41 AM