Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An assignment for all of you....., If you choose to accept it...
bd1308
post Dec 7 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #101

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

huh?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Dec 7 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #102

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 7 2005, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (davep @ Dec 7 2005, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 7 2005, 09:44 AM)
i posted the vin of the pink car awhile back and nobody did anything.

Not quite true. I put a lot of effort into trying to find the true paint. I needed you to get me an accurate depiction of the color to work with. I did about all I could with the info available.

And yeah, not too many were pleased that you chopped the front end off when you had offers of alternates.

Now... now... Be nice, (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) Britt saved his car. Britt needed to have his car fixed in short order. He had no wheels. After seeing this car his decision was a no brainer. I think I was an absolute a$$ about the car. This one is truly a parts car. The rust and damage are extensive. It will be a real challenge for me to repair just the rust damage and quite frankly I'm not quite convinced I should. (well almost)

Replacing the front will take a week of evenings. The most time will be spent making a fixture to be sure the pickup points are aligned. Not a real big part of the repair.

I am working to locate a suitable parts car within a couple of hundred mile. If I can locate a parts car with a good front and right quarter panel, maybe some good wiring, and next to free I'll definitely fix it.

For now, I want to find out as much as possible about this car and NOW Jasons car! The puliminary D&A tests show we may have sisters! Now that's exciting!

the front clip is all yours...for nada.

Rich
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 7 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #103

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE (r_towle @ Dec 7 2005, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 7 2005, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (davep @ Dec 7 2005, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 7 2005, 09:44 AM)
i posted the vin of the pink car awhile back and nobody did anything.

Not quite true. I put a lot of effort into trying to find the true paint. I needed you to get me an accurate depiction of the color to work with. I did about all I could with the info available.

And yeah, not too many were pleased that you chopped the front end off when you had offers of alternates.

Now... now... Be nice, (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) Britt saved his car. Britt needed to have his car fixed in short order. He had no wheels. After seeing this car his decision was a no brainer. I think I was an absolute a$$ about the car. This one is truly a parts car. The rust and damage are extensive. It will be a real challenge for me to repair just the rust damage and quite frankly I'm not quite convinced I should. (well almost)

Replacing the front will take a week of evenings. The most time will be spent making a fixture to be sure the pickup points are aligned. Not a real big part of the repair.

I am working to locate a suitable parts car within a couple of hundred mile. If I can locate a parts car with a good front and right quarter panel, maybe some good wiring, and next to free I'll definitely fix it.

For now, I want to find out as much as possible about this car and NOW Jasons car! The puliminary D&A tests show we may have sisters! Now that's exciting!

the front clip is all yours...for nada.

Rich

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 7 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #104

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I couldn't get a good photo of the chassis number. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) But the number is 4359531 .
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Dec 7 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #105

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 7 2005, 02:05 PM)
I couldn't get a good photo of the chassis number. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) But the number is 4359531 .

hold button until it focuses....depress (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
MJHanna
post Dec 7 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #106

Does this 911 make my butt look big?

Member No.: 185

Porsche did a "buble gum " colored cars cars at that time they were used in some of the ads most were 911's One of my friends has on that was purple, and was repainted aburnine (sp) They could have done some 914's as part of the ad campain.
+Quote Post
davep
post Dec 7 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #107

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 7 2005, 01:05 PM)
the chassis number is 4359531 .

Wow, that is weird, two days apart and not consecutive. Almost blows my theory apart about painting in batches.

Don't worry Britt, I got over it. I knew you had access difficulties at the time. Also, I enjoy the hunt so the time was well spent.
+Quote Post
jasons
post Dec 7 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #108

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Member No.: 2,573
Region Association: None

QUOTE (davep @ Dec 7 2005, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (jasons @ Dec 7 2005, 11:39 AM)

Somewhere in that post, I think they conclude that the car was Bahia Red.  I thought, until yesterday/today, this car was originally Bahia Red because of that thread.  But, I knew the paint code didn't jive.

Now, there may be 3rd?

Bahia Red L30E was a standard color for 71 through 74 so it could not be that color. The code 98 means custom and extra cost.
So far, see my own thread, we have 11 VIN's with code 98. That is pretty small percentage of total production. Any custom color demands special treatment IMHO.

Jason, please post the chassis # to be sure I read it correctly.

+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Dec 7 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #109

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So if Santa brings you a whole bunch of little bottles of p****y pink fingernail polish, how long would it take you to paint the car?
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)
Ken
+Quote Post
davep
post Dec 7 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #110

914 Historian

Thanks Jason, just wanted to confirm.

In my paint chip brochure for 1973 there is an optional paint for the 911 called 'raspberry' and it looks like an excellent candidate. Not listed for 72 or 74. Can't find a code for it though.

Ah, maybe not so fast. In my paint & upholstery book it has color 024 / 4510 as rose red/fraise, however fraise translates as strawberry

http://www.paintscratch.com
choose Porsche 1973

aubergine is 025 / 4010
guards red or India red is 027 / 2510
sepia brown is 415 / 5410

these are all 1973 colors.
by 1977 there is
magenta or fucsia = 009 / H2V9 in the new code system.
however PPG says magenta was available from 73 to 77
+Quote Post
jasons
post Dec 7 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #111

Jackstand Extraordinaire

QUOTE (davep @ Dec 7 2005, 05:50 PM)

In my paint chip brochure for 1973 there is an optional paint for the 911 called 'raspberry' and it looks like an excellent candidate. Not listed for 72 or 74. Can't find a code for it though.

Ah, maybe not so fast. In my paint & upholstery book it has color 024 / 4510 as rose red/fraise, however fraise translates as strawberry

choose Porsche 1973

It looks like that rasberry to me. Thats the best fit so far.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 7 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #112

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE (jasons @ Dec 7 2005, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (davep @ Dec 7 2005, 05:50 PM)

choose Porsche 1973

It looks like that rasberry to me. Thats the best fit so far.

I agree! Looks like the raspberry. Cool!
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 8 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #113

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Just did search on the Bird Board for Mkinne. His last post was 2003. I sent him an email and a PM over on the Bird. If he still has the same email address maybe he'll join us and help shed some more light on the subject.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Dec 8 2005, 08:39 AM
Post #114

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I go away for a couple days and we seem to have a cool mystery unfolding here! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap.gif)
+Quote Post
davep
post Dec 8 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #115

914 Historian

I found that Matt Kinne has an entry here, but no posts, so I emailed him also. That is the car I added in my post to the code 98 thread.

So can we agree to call it Rose Red / Raspberry?
+Quote Post
jasons
post Dec 8 2005, 12:17 PM
Post #116

Jackstand Extraordinaire

QUOTE (davep @ Dec 8 2005, 08:50 AM)
I found that Matt Kinne has an entry here, but no posts, so I emailed him also. That is the car I added in my post to the code 98 thread.

I kinda like P***y Pink
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 8 2005, 05:28 PM
Post #117

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE (jasons @ Dec 8 2005, 10:17 AM)

I kinda like P***y Pink

I hope Matt joins in here.

Off the record like the P***y Pink too, But for the record I like Raspberry.

I'm going to see if I can get a pint mixed, spray a test panel, and compare it to my car.

Dave, pm me your address and I may be able to send you a sample of the color as it is on the Hottie.
+Quote Post
jasons
post Dec 8 2005, 05:43 PM
Post #118

Jackstand Extraordinaire

QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 8 2005, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (jasons @ Dec 8 2005, 10:17 AM)

I kinda like P***y Pink

I'm going to see if I can get a pint mixed, spray a test panel, and compare it to my car.

Dave, pm me your address and I may be able to send you a sample of the color as it is on the Hottie.

I'm going to have a real crisis with this pink color thing. I am not planning a resto on this car. I am planning more of a street racer/de/autox car with flares. Pink was not at the top of my list, not even second, not even on the list.

I would be curious to see a good sized panel in this color. Maybe, I can find it in my heart to at least give the car its orginal color.

But Pink?!?!?
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Dec 8 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #119

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (jasons @ Dec 8 2005, 03:43 PM)

Dave, pm me your address and I may be able to send you a sample of the color as it is on the Hottie. [/QUOTE]
I'm going to have a real crisis with this pink color thing. I am not planning a resto on this car. I am planning more of a street racer/de/autox car with flares. Pink was not at the top of my list, not even second, not even on the list.

I would be curious to see a good sized panel in this color. Maybe, I can find it in my heart to at least give the car its orginal color.

But Pink?!?!?

Just think of how bad the other guys will feel when you beat them in a pink car. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 8 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #120

Hey nice rack! -Celette

<!-- QuoteBegin jasons+Dec 8 2005, 03:43 PM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jasons @ Dec 8 2005, 03:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> <!-- QuoteBegin rick 918-S+Dec 8 2005, 03:28 PM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 8 2005, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> <!-- QuoteBegin jasons+Dec 8 2005, 10:17 AM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jasons @ Dec 8 2005, 10:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> <!-- QuoteBegin davep+Dec 8 2005, 08:50 AM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (davep @ Dec 8 2005, 08:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> I found that Matt Kinne has an entry here, but no posts, so I emailed him also. That is the car I added in my post to the code 98 thread.

So can we agree to call it Rose Red / Raspberry? <!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
I kinda like P***y Pink <!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

Dave, pm me your address and I may be able to send you a sample of the color as it is on the Hottie. <!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

But Pink?!?!? <!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
The color is a very Hot Raspberry color on Britt's old car. I wouldn't call it pink.

We'll I guess I would call it pink, specially when I spanked a tail dragger with twice the HP! <!-- emo&:headbanger: -->(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)<!-- endemo -->

For now think of it as Raspberry.

Really, paint it what you want. Then I'll have the only Raspberry car know to exist. <!-- emo&:headbanger: -->(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)<!-- endemo --> Except for the missing Matt.... <!-- emo&:idea: -->(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)<!-- endemo -->
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 08:06 PM