Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Umbrella Covers For 914, Perry Kiehl Made More
hot_shoe914
post Oct 5 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #41

on ramp passer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 5 2010, 02:01 PM) *

Here is my temporary umbrella cover while I wait (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yeah, well here is my tempory while I wait.

Attached File  bw.bmp ( 37.12k ) Number of downloads: 177
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Oct 6 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

Perry...email sent. I think that I also PM'd about 4 months ago . Check your inbox.
Thx !
Marty
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 6 2010, 07:22 AM
Post #43

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

Got you down Marty!
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 6 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #44

I. I. R. C.

Good news! Found the same material, the only difference is it's off white, not the gray.

So the covers are now in white only.

Should have material around the first of the week, and then covers to ship around the 18th!
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 20 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #45

I. I. R. C.

I have 914 Umbrella Covers in stock! As posted before, they are now white in color as that's all I could get.

It looks like the vinyl coated fabric that we've been using for the past 15 years is discontinued. Brad Mayeur got some of the first ones, and they have been outside for much of that time and still keep the car dry. They are kind of stiff and he's replaced the shock cords, but that's a pretty good service life. For your occasional use they'll last a very, very long time, and save your 914 interior from UV and rain.

You can call your order in to my main business (Q Snap) and pay with Visa, MC, or Disc. to 800-867-4712. You can send payment by PayPal to: payment@qsnap.com

Supplies truly are limited. There are nine (9) availble on a first come first served basis.

I've been looking into other materials, but the cost is quite a bit more than the what I've been using, and they aren't WATERPROOF.

I've been on a continual search for more material, but it's not looking good. If you've been thinking about getting one of my covers, DON'T WAIT!
+Quote Post
brant
post Oct 20 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #46

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Perry, what is the current price with shipping
and do I have to call, or can I handle the whole thing (my address also) through paypal.

brant
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Oct 20 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #47

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 20 2010, 08:43 AM) *

I have 914 Umbrella Covers in stock! As posted before, they are now white in color as that's all I could get.

It looks like the vinyl coated fabric that we've been using for the past 15 years is discontinued. Brad Mayeur got some of the first ones, and they have been outside for much of that time and still keep the car dry. They are kind of stiff and he's replaced the shock cords, but that's a pretty good service life. For your occasional use they'll last a very, very long time, and save your 914 interior from UV and rain.

You can call your order in to my main business (Q Snap) and pay with Visa, MC, or Disc. to 800-867-4712. You can send payment by PayPal to: payment@qsnap.com

Supplies truly are limited. There are nine (9) availble on a first come first served basis.

I've been looking into other materials, but the cost is quite a bit more than the what I've been using, and they aren't WATERPROOF.

I've been on a continual search for more material, but it's not looking good. If you've been thinking about getting one of my covers, DON'T WAIT!

price? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 20 2010, 08:09 AM
Post #48

I. I. R. C.

Price is still $125, which includes USPS Priority Mail to conUS addresses. Sorry should have included that in the later post.
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Oct 20 2010, 08:15 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169

I would like one at least. You still have them?

As for materials? What about some of the newer Silicone Nylons or or waterproof breathable fabrics used in some of the high performance outdoor gear? There an many different types out there. They may be a little more expensive though.

+Quote Post
anderssj
post Oct 20 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #50

Dog is my copilot...

Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Thanks for your efforts on these covers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

PM/PayPal sent.

Steve A-
+Quote Post
realred914
post Oct 20 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #51

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

id be concerned that a water proof cover would trap moisture and that would damage the paint. . I made the mistake of a water proof cover once and sure enough, ruined paint. I'd consider one in a breathable material. one good material from a breathability standpoint is Tyvek. I have car covers of this material and it is good for long term outside storage.

for short term use it is ok to be water proof, but long term it can cuase probelms on the paint and other surfaces
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 20 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #52

I. I. R. C.

QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 20 2010, 07:34 AM) *

id be concerned that a water proof cover would trap moisture and that would damage the paint. . I made the mistake of a water proof cover once and sure enough, ruined paint. I'd consider one in a breathable material. one good material from a breathability standpoint is Tyvek. I have car covers of this material and it is good for long term outside storage.

for short term use it is ok to be water proof, but long term it can cuase probelms on the paint and other surfaces

My cover doesn't really cover the paint. It's waterproof because that's what you need, where it needs to be waterproof. This cover won't give your 914 the "wet T shirt" treatment.

Did you look at the pics in this thread? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
realred914
post Oct 20 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #53

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 20 2010, 10:47 AM) *

My cover doesn't really cover the paint. It's waterproof because that's what you need, where it needs to be waterproof. This cover won't give your 914 the "wet T shirt" treatment.

Did you look at the pics in this thread? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

yes I looked at the photos, nice product, but it does cover paint, not all paint but some (window frame paint and sail panel (may or may not be painted)) it is likely just fine for short term wet use, but my experince with water proof plastic on teh car is that it can allow moisture to build up and cause paint failure (in my case it was a plastic tarp over the top of the car to prevent targa top leaks, it was all held down my a breathable car cover, had lots of moisture probelms under the plastic tarp.

that is my experince with a non-breathable cover. That is why I suggested tyvek or some breathable material.

the top you have is a very nice idea, just got to be careful with how it is used. if used as a sun shield in the non rainy season i see no probelms, i see a poster advocating its water proofness to help keep water out, it can be a probelm if water does get under it (say it is a installed on a wet car, or wind or humidty allow water under it. but will hurt paint only if left on the car for an extened period of time.

some folks may attempt to use this product as a winter storage water proof top seal, and that could cause probelms. if used as a nice sun shield in teh summer , or removed freqeuntly during the rains then there should be no problem, but for long term outdoor winter storage it may cause problems. one shoudl periodically check under it for moisture build up, if it builds up, then it needs to be periodically dried out.

nice product though when used as a sun shield. or intermitant use in the rain. for long term wet storage i would be hesitant to use it. Dont get me wrong, i think it is great product for reducing sun damage and keeping the cockpit cooler.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Oct 20 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #54

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I bought mine mainly to protect the interior from the sun. The cost of a new dash easily pays for this cover. It will also come in handy to keep the rain out from the leaky top. Nice product love it!!!!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
AndyB
post Oct 20 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #55

The Governor is watching me

Member No.: 11,595
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 20 2010, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 20 2010, 10:47 AM) *

yes I looked at the photos, nice product, but it does cover paint, not all paint but some (window frame paint and sail panel (may or may not be painted)) it is likely just fine for short term wet use, but my experince with water proof plastic on teh car is that it can allow moisture to build up and cause paint failure (in my case it was a plastic tarp over the top of the car to prevent targa top leaks, it was all held down my a breathable car cover, had lots of moisture probelms under the plastic tarp.

that is my experince with a non-breathable cover. That is why I suggested tyvek or some breathable material.

the top you have is a very nice idea, just got to be careful with how it is used. if used as a sun shield in the non rainy season i see no probelms, i see a poster advocating its water proofness to help keep water out, it can be a probelm if water does get under it (say it is a installed on a wet car, or wind or humidty allow water under it. but will hurt paint only if left on the car for an extened period of time.

some folks may attempt to use this product as a winter storage water proof top seal, and that could cause probelms. if used as a nice sun shield in teh summer , or removed freqeuntly during the rains then there should be no problem, but for long term outdoor winter storage it may cause problems. one shoudl periodically check under it for moisture build up, if it builds up, then it needs to be periodically dried out.

nice product though when used as a sun shield. or intermitant use in the rain. for long term wet storage i would be hesitant to use it. Dont get me wrong, i think it is great product for reducing sun damage and keeping the cockpit cooler.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Thats all I will say
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Oct 20 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #56

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Perry, even though you have sold many of these, and they have been field tested and approved by all of those who have them, and no one has ever complained about them or made reports for up-grades from the field, I am pretty sure that my opinion and hypothesis about how it should be constructed is more accurate than your actual experience or the experience of those who have purchased these. Please change the design as previously prescribed to match my theoretical goals that you surely can not be meeting with your current configuration (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jerkit.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Oct 20 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #57

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Oh ya, I had always wanted one and won one at the WCR 2010! It was the only prize I actually needed/wanted (the rest I already had).
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Oct 20 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 226

So you also make them for 911???
+Quote Post
TurboWalt
post Oct 20 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 11,463
Region Association: Northern California

Paypal sent!
+Quote Post
Rav914
post Oct 21 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #60

All-weather fan

Member No.: 7,669

Another satisfied customer! Great piece of gear in both sun and rain. I don't go anywhere with out it in the trunk. Easiest $125 I've spent.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st June 2024 - 02:33 PM