Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Group Buy for 914-6 Oil Tanks, any interest?, Updated 7/24/2011 Scroll Down!
hwgunner
post Feb 25 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #101

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,095
Region Association: None

OK, I think I have sent a PM to everyone that needed one at this point. If you think I missed you or want to know any more about what is going on or just want to STS then send me a PM or call me. An up date on the tanks: Not enough people for the Patrick tanks! I have made offers to those that expressed interest in them to give a smaller discount. On the other hand, if I can get to 10 before i have to order then I will give the old GB price to everyone.

On the Vellios tanks I am right there with you. Waiting and waiting. I did talk to George today about a few things and did get him to agree to let me see about having a shop in my area put the tanks together instead of him doing them all. he has way bigger fish to fry and things to work on than putting tanks together. this may speed things up a bit but we will see.

Looks like we may still have one of the 5 metric tanks i ordered available. If you want to get in line please let me know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

PM me if you have any other questions or post them here.

jonathan
hwgunner
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
-JR-
post Feb 25 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #102

Life goes faster at 150MPH

Member No.: 2,055

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Feb 25 2011, 08:02 PM) *

OK, I think I have sent a PM to everyone that needed one at this point. If you think I missed you or want to know any more about what is going on or just want to STS then send me a PM or call me.

PM me if you have any other questions or post them here.

jonathan
hwgunner

Sorry didn't get a PM for any money on my order. Does that mean mine is free? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'll take the oil level sensor you quoted me as well.
+Quote Post
tomeric914
post Mar 7 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #103

One Lap of America in a 914!

Member No.: 9,101
Region Association: North East States

Got my Patrick tank from GPR today. I was originally in for the Patrick, then the Vellios and then back again at the regular price for the Patrick. I am VERY happy with the Patrick tank. Unbelievably light and excellent craftsmanship.

I also took my inspection camera and looked on the inside of the tank at the baffling and all. Again, excellent craftsmanship, even where you'll never see it!

Jonathan, thank you once again! This is going to make for a very clean and problem free installation!
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Mar 13 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #104

OK, my frustration level has hit an all time high at this point. The main reason is that I can not get the tanks out of George. He has been working on them but it is going very slow because his "regular job" is making him work 6 or 7 days a week for the last 3 weeks, leaving little time for tanks. He has been telling me to be patient and to tell the customers to be patient but that just isn’t working for me anymore. The second thing to do it is the guy who makes the oil lines for me just told me he ran out of fittings and it will be about 5 more days till he has them done, this after he told me he could have 10 sets done in no time. “Are you sure? I don’t need to worry about you running out of anything??” I said. “No, I have plenty of everything”, he responded. I do believe he made a simple mistake and that it was totally unintentional, but it still adds to the frustration. I am confident in the oil lines being done at the end of this coming week. The tanks though, I am not.

So this is where I am at. If anyone who has paid for a Vellios tank wants their money back please let me know and I will send out a refund immediately. I feel terrible about taking your $$ and not being able to deliver. In my view it has just been too long and I can’t continue without offering a refund. I know George will deliver at some point, he has already asked for the $$ on the next tanks because he needs it but I told him I need tanks first, I just don’t know when. He told me again today 2 weeks. I will do what I can to speed things up, I went and spent 10 hours of my time going to Palmdale to pick up the last set of 5 and will do that again if I have to, but can not promise a delivery date at this point.

Now, if any one want to switch to the Patrick tank, I have spoken to Jim and they are in stock and ready to ship, I can do that but the cost will be more than the Vellios for sure. The Patrick tank will be $688.00, I can not get the original GB price unless I do 10 at a time and I just do not have the $$ to do 10 myself. Please also note that the Patrick tank will require a filter console that the Vellios tan does not need. If you are interested in switching to this please contact me.

As for the oil lines, I know they will be ready shortly and will get them out as soon as I have them.

If you have any questions or problems with the above please let me know as soon as possible.

Jonathan
hwgunner
+Quote Post
-JR-
post Mar 13 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #105

No problem here if I need to wait another 2 months.

My tub isn't going anywhere soon on a 6.

Thanks!
+Quote Post
John
post Mar 13 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #106

member? what's a member?

Member No.: 1,615

Johnathan,

Please don't stress too badly. I am still in. I don't have a problem waiting a while.

If an NPT tank opens up, I can pay as soon as you ask.

+Quote Post
type47
post Mar 14 2011, 06:41 AM
Post #107

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm OK with the arrangement. Thanks for putting this together.
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Mar 14 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #108

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Jonathan -

thanks for the update. No problem on the wait.

Thanks!
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Mar 28 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #109

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

He told me again today 2 weeks.

Any word yet?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Mar 31 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #110

Ski Bum

Bump, project is stalled, any info yet?
+Quote Post
tomeric914
post Mar 31 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #111

One Lap of America in a 914!

Member No.: 9,101
Region Association: North East States

Jeff,

If you need a tank now, spend the extra $400 and get the Patrick tank. You'll be glad that you did.
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Apr 2 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #112

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) OK, I am done with the "2 weeks" stuff. I just got off the phone with George about 10 minutes ago. the tanks are still not ready. He has 4 Machined and tapped and is finishing the fifth. Then he is going to weld them. I really feel bad about this but am in a position that i just have no controll over at this point. I keep trying to get him to do the tanks but i just can not get him to work any faster. In the last 2 months his job has been working him 7 days a week and that means the tanks don't get done. As posted several weeks ago, I feel terrible about this and will do what ever I can to make it right. Please contact me if you need a refund or if you want to switch to the Patrick tank.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Apr 3 2011, 08:06 AM
Post #113

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

Jonathan, I got the "two weeks" rap from Velios ten years ago. Sorry for your hassle, but I don't believe anything that guy says. I had to threaten legal action to get tanks that I had prepaid for.
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Apr 13 2011, 09:30 AM
Post #114

Ski Bum

Received my Patrick tank last night!! Thanks Jonathan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Apr 14 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #115

914 Guru

Member No.: 50

Sorry for the lapse in communication, sent you some funds. For some reason it wouldn't let me post a note...so thanks again for working on this!!!

Maybe sometime this year I'll get around to installing all these goodies. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Apr 14 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #116

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Apr 14 2011, 06:49 PM) *

Sorry for the lapse in communication, sent you some funds. For some reason it wouldn't let me post a note...so thanks again for working on this!!!

Maybe sometime this year I'll get around to installing all these goodies. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Saw the payment. Will ship as soon as it clears. thanks for the order.

jonathan
hwgunner
+Quote Post
-JR-
post May 25 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #117

*PING*

Whut up?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post May 26 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #118

914 Guru

Member No.: 50

Not sure on the velios, but the PMS tank and accessories came.
+Quote Post
-JR-
post May 26 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #119

I'm in for a Vellios, but no rush. It's been over a month since the last update. So it's nice to know if there has been progress.
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Jun 8 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #120

OK, so here is th edeal. the Vellios tanks are on hold indefinitely. At this point the Metric ones are not done and have no ETA. Since any new NPT tanks will be done after the metric ones are done they have no ETA either. I have committed to George to buy the Metric tanks when they are complete but will not be selling them until I get a call from him saying I can pick them up. Again, NO ETA on these. I will post them again ONLY when I have them IN-HAND. Sorry for anyone that got bogged down in this.

I do still have a couple Patrick tanks available at the GB price if anyone is interested. Contact me.

jonathan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
16 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 04:32 AM