Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What type of paint for cockpit in racecar, por15'd the floor and it is in primer
vintage914racer
post Apr 25 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

I have por15'd the floor pans in my 914-6 racecar and hame almost done priming. I need to know what would work best as a topcoat that can be brushed on. I need to brush it on and want to know what would look the best (ie paint type). The car is a spyder so I do not want to paint a dark color that will bake me when I am sitting in the paddock. I am thinking a lighter gray color. Any suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JB 914
post Apr 25 2005, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Daddy! Finish my car NOW!!!

Member No.: 2,831

how about the POR-15 Hardnose paints? they have multiple colors and you can brush it on.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Apr 25 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Paint adds weight! That's why MB and Auto Union cars were bare metal in the 30s. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
Thorshammer
post Apr 25 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,335

I have painted most of my cars gull gray on the interior, But I am cheap and use rust oleum from the hardware store, it lasts okay, and is easy to touch up. As for krustys comment, that is true, but they were also aluminum and not that prone to corrosion. As for a racecar It will probably underweight, as I am by 50-60 LBS. Unless the class you run in has no weight limit. Go for the RustOleum, you can't beat it. And good luck (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

Erik Madsen
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Apr 25 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

Battleship grey. Paint is not meant to be brushed. Always spray it. Some of the enamels work well. If you are running an open cockpit car I would use a zinc rich primer as the base to keep if from rusting as fast.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2024 - 01:22 AM