Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> wideband oxygen sensor, What production cars have them
lmcchesney
post Feb 8 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

Interested in converting my narrow band O2 sensor to a wideband. What production cars have wideband O2 sensors which can be removed at the salvage yard?

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
fiid
post Feb 9 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #2

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

I second that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) The megasquirt is a really well developed kit, it has very clear assemly instructions, and an extremely well designed board. There is only minor tweaking you might want to do after the fact. The DIY-WB kit is nowhere near as easy and relies on a lot of manipulation of analog voltages with certain resistor values etc. There is no processor, so the whole thing is a bit of a black art (is that term PC?) So anyways - I would look in to other kits or products as I think they may be of higher quality. The UltraMegaSquirt will, btw, have an excellent Wideband driver - Bruce and Al (MS guys) have spent a HUGE amount of time and money on getting that part correct. Also - they are working on using spark ionization for automatic derivation of spark advance with a feedback loop. Freakin cool shit.

Apologies for the single paragraph brainfart.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 06:30 AM