Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Chrome bumper bars - Dealer option/aftermarket?, 1972 chrome bumper bars
natebg
post Aug 7 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,602
Region Association: North East States

I am new to this board; my father and I are starting a restoration of a 1972 (he is the second owner) that he parked in his barn about 24 years ago. I have a question on the chrome bumper bars that are on this car. Were these a dealer option, or do you think they were added aftermarket?
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Thank you very much,
Nathan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
gandalf_025
post Aug 7 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,509
Region Association: North East States

Yes, Dealer installed Amco Crash Bars.. Amco is generally known for Chrome Luggage Racks for British Cars. My 914 had them from the Dealer. They do grow on you..

Looks aside, they do provide a service. Mine saved the rear of my car in 74, when a Buick G.S. backed into it. It saved the rear lights and back fascia. The G.S. rode up over bar and sat on trunk lid. Trunk lid was trashed,But the rest of the rear of the car was fine.

As an aside.the Buick was stuck in place which helped because people told me he tried leave the Scene but he couldn't get the cars apart.

I bought a new pair on e-Bay a few years ago and will put them on when I decide on Bumpers.. They would also protect the expensive Bumper tops.

Guess it is a matter of taste, looks wise..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2024 - 09:36 PM