Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> 2009 PCA Parade Concours, Where were the 914's?
Pat Garvey
post Sep 13 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I just got back an hour ago from a vacation in South Carolina.

Lots of backed up mail after a week, but I went straight for Pano & the Parade results. Of course, me being me, I went straight for the concours results.

Total dissappointment! Not a single stock, or even mildly modified 914 tok its class - not one!

What happened? Only 90 plus cars entered in the entire event & none of you west coast or midwest people made the show?
Pat

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Scott S
post Sep 14 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #2

Small Member

Member No.: 633

There was an ocean of silver 996, Boxters and Cayennes. It was sad - and boring.

Other than the historical section of *maybe* 20 cars, there were probably only 6 to 10 cars that held my interest. This will frustrate you - the most prominately displayed car as you entered the main field was a heavily heavily modified 356 - fenders cut and widened, the custom wheels were made by welding 16" 356 inners to chevy truck dually outer rims. It was one of the coolest Porsche hot rods I have ever seen - but staged as the first car on the first row as you enter a concour?

It was pretty sad. I would love to know how the local and national organizers feel about how successful the show was.

+Quote Post
6freak
post Sep 15 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #3

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 13 2009, 11:15 PM) *

There was an ocean of silver 996, Boxters and Cayennes. It was sad - and boring.

Other than the historical section of *maybe* 20 cars, there were probably only 6 to 10 cars that held my interest. This will frustrate you - the most prominately displayed car as you entered the main field was a heavily heavily modified 356 - fenders cut and widened, the custom wheels were made by welding 16" 356 inners to chevy truck dually outer rims. It was one of the coolest Porsche hot rods I have ever seen - but staged as the first car on the first row as you enter a concour?

It was pretty sad. I would love to know how the local and national organizers feel about how successful the show was.

Hi Scott! you talk`n about that blue 356(Gesetzloser) from Colorado ....those are spare wheels from a 928s4 ....Story in August 2009 Excellence...and a 914 did win its class in Modified ...Car was built by Patrick Motorsports owned by a guy from Cali....PS I was there with my 914
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Sep 15 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Small Member

Member No.: 633

QUOTE(6freak @ Sep 15 2009, 06:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 13 2009, 11:15 PM) *

Hi Scott! you talk`n about that blue 356(Gesetzloser) from Colorado ....those are spare wheels from a 928s4 ....Story in August 2009 Excellence...and a 914 did win its class in Modified ...Car was built by Patrick Motorsports owned by a guy from Cali....PS I was there with my 914

Hiya!!
Nope - the biege coupe - litterally the very first car on the main row. It was absolutely KILLER - but not anywhere close to anything concour.

Rex, having everyone up at the house under the premise of playing cars was absolutely the best time for me. I love the fact that we had folks from outside of the normal colorado group. The following weekend the nieghbor came by and said we did a good job at "classing up the neigborhood". I really hope we can do something like that again with everyone. I promise to learn how to BBQ better....

Pat, yes, the actual show was pretty weak - but I forgot to say that regardless, I did have a really good time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 12:15 AM