Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Differences in VW Bus 2.0 and 914 2.0 engines?
amphiduck
post Sep 28 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,947

I am in the process of pulling the engine on my '74 2.0 and the closer I get to pulling it, the more worried I am about the engine being a VW bus 2.0 engine. I just bought a D-Jet fuel injection system (thanks Bob!) and a clutch kit for the engine, now wondering if they will work. What are the differences in the engines? If it is a VW 2.0, would I be better off finding a 914 2.0? My car has the single down draft weber. While I'm at it, what fuel pump do you guys recommend for the fuel injection set up? I see on evilBay some of these fuel pumps going for big bucks. This car is just a normal driver, so I wouldn't need anything fancy.

As always, thanks for all the help!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
amphiduck
post Sep 28 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,947

Thanks for all the info. I took a few pictures of the engine in the car and it appears that the PO took the intakes out of a VW bus, drilled new holes, and mounted them on the engine. I'm leaning towards the engine being a 914 2.0, but if anyone can tell anymore from the picture, please let me know.Attached Image
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Sep 28 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #3

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(amphiduck @ Sep 28 2011, 08:44 PM) *

Thanks for all the info. I took a few pictures of the engine in the car and it appears that the PO took the intakes out of a VW bus, drilled new holes, and mounted them on the engine. I'm leaning towards the engine being a 914 2.0, but if anyone can tell anymore from the picture, please let me know.Attached Image

Check location of serial number, 2.0 914 should be behind the oil filler, there are 2 basic engine codes for the 2.0 914 in the USA, the GA used from 1973 to 1974 and the GC used in the 1975 - 1976 model years. GB code was used in the rest of the world with the carb engines.
Type 4 cases bus or Porsche are pretty much the same except for the dipstick location and the oil filler neck, yours looks to be 914, dipstick should be between the oil filler and the drivers side of the engine.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 01:45 AM