Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone relocate fuse panel?, Not planning to crawl under the dash!
3d914
post Oct 5 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'm at the point where I'm getting ready to pull the wiring harness out of my project 914. I've already decided to rebuild the harness since this 914's getting the Ford/Yamaha 3.2L SHO engine, and the harness has been completely clipped and reassembled at the front and rear trunks by a PO. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

So has anyone relocated their fuse panel to the from trunk or elsewhere? I'm thinking about the area on the drivers side of the front trunk where the brake fluid reservoir sits.

Thoughts?

PS: I am planning to convert to the new spade fuse panel.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jaxdream
post Oct 8 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,270
Region Association: South East States

Are you serious - can I be the only one to figure there's got to be a better place to put this thing?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'm with ya on that one . I got a relay / fuse panel from a later model VW ( Jetta , Golf ??? ) off of evilbay(cheap) , plans are to mount it on the right side of the console that I plan on making for my 73 with a hindged door that just snaps shut. Wiring not too bad a shape , but I like the idea of a late fuse panel with blade type fuses with room for extra relays if needed. Idea is to make accsessable from the passenger side with no upside down antics . Yep , I be changin things from the factory settings ....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Jack
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 06:42 PM