Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NorCal UFO New Years AX
grantsfo
post Dec 30 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Great fun on new years day at Marina airport. Would be fun to see some 914s out for this event. You just show up pay entry fee and run. No membership required. This is a happening. Amazing how many cars show up for this event. I think Randal and Bill C will be there for sure.

http://www.norcalufo.org/main/attachments/161_ufo1_2.pdf
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
richardL
post Jan 1 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 201

Great fun

Loved the buggy that left a piston on the course!

+Quote Post
Randal
post Jan 2 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(richardL @ Jan 1 2012, 07:03 PM) *

Great fun

Loved the buggy that left a piston on the course!

Hey Richard you need to change your Avatar. Want to see a picture of that nice Lotus on there!

Nice job on the course yesterday; you're starting to get a good feel for that fast machine of yours.

Actually running on street tires is smart as any issues you have will be brought to the forefront quickly. No question slicks would make you faster, but would partially mask driver input.

On another subject, Greg has built so many engines, for himself and others, that there is always something of his breaking at an event. But he uses mostly stock components and twists them 8K, so not surprising. I talked to him after the event and he said the next hill climb motor he builds will have some good solid after market parts to help with the longevity.

+Quote Post
richardL
post Jan 2 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 201

QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 2 2012, 10:19 AM) *

Hey Richard you need to change your Avatar. Want to see a picture of that nice Lotus on there!

Done!

I definitely need more seat time - I think my spin yesterday was me doing as I was told (Randall said take the corner flat out - which I tried), but I was understeering out to the cones on the exit and I tightened the steering - then the back came out and I lost it. The Lotus is incredibly communicative about its intentions - I was just not fast enough, nor experienced enough to adjust correctly at that speed.

I will try a mount for video in the car - a little analysis would really help afterwards - as I made my mistake very quickly and its hard to recall accurately.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 11:59 PM