Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> how many are using lightened flywheel and or stage 2 clutch kit, lightened flywheel
wes
post Sep 27 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #1

wes

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

I am thinking of using a lightened flywheel and wondering what others experience. I did a search and all seems to be older, Also the stage 2 clutch kit. I have a 2.0 built to 2.4 with about 150 hp and will be mostly street use,, but I like power. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rick 918-S
post Sep 27 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I put one on Sandy's car. I got it in a trade deal. I never weighed it. Hmmm.. should have. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Anyway, the car will be on the road soon. I have a 2.0 with stock injection. We shall see if I like it.

The thought is it will free up some hp. and spin up faster out of the corners but may suck on the freeway when your trying to hold a steady speed. Also there is an issue with the engine stalling when your in town and let off the gas and let the idle drop while your foot is on the brake. Without the inertia of the heavier flywheel will sometimes the engine drops below idle and stalls.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 02:59 AM