Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> For Sale 914 Attn. : J Rust
relentless
post Aug 13 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,636

Hey J Rust, what is the story on this 914? Is it a keeper?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-door...s#ht_678wt_1359

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JRust
post Aug 14 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(relentless @ Aug 13 2014, 10:16 PM) *

Hey J Rust, what is the story on this 914? Is it a keeper?

I know Tom & have seen the car. I've never driven it or gotten to close a look. It was at WCR 2013 & I think it is a pretty well sorted car. The tranny is set back from stock. So the cv's have more angle to them. Looks a little funny from what you'd be used too. It's been that way for years & has been fine. The steel flares are done really well. John Kelly is a metal artist. While they may not be for everyone. I really like the car in person. I'd like it better with a 5-lug conversion & some 16x8 fuchs. The motor is basically the same drivetrain I had in mine originally. It is incredibly light but not a powerhouse. I think it is a good fit weight wise. If I was buying it I would lose the mechanical water pump. They are huge on this motor & really stick out the front alot. My v8 car still has a big ass hole in the firewall because of this. My tranny was in the stock spot when they did it though. I believe they moved the tranny back enough that they didn't cut into the firewall. So I'd lose the mechanical & do a remote electric pump. This would let you move the drivetrain forward.

On the price I think it is well worth it. I know nobody had bid yet but I'd buy it for that. If I didn't have so much going on with my suby car. So financially my funds are going to be in limbo for a while. Plus I already broke my quota with buying a 914 this year
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2024 - 02:48 AM