Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Does it get modern music?
Cuda911
post Sep 3 2014, 02:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

My teenage daughter was riding in the 914 a couple weeks ago, and I was showing her the radio. She had never seen one with buttons and a knob to change the stations, and I explained to her that this was how car radios were when I was a kid.

She asked me: "Does it get modern music?"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
orthobiz
post Sep 6 2014, 04:57 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Actually I think her first reply is quite appropriate. I'm within striking distance of 60 yrs of age and as an orthopedic surgeon I have become accustomed to using various examples to explain things to patients. Like, if you walk with your toes pointing outward, it's like Charlie Chaplin. Or if you have a crouched gait with bent knees, like Groucho Marx.

And I assumed everyone knows these characters in pop culture. But young people don't know so many of the things I grew up with that these examples no longer apply. I think I assume because classic rocks plays all the songs I grew up with and because I'm still driving a 914 and have never grown up (in a lot of ways), then everybody must know the same things I know.

So a teenager seeing this prehistoric thing filling a hole in your dash with buttons and knobs who pondered what the heck might come out of it...I think she's spot on!!!

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 12:32 AM