Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> new engine options..., don't need one but T4 or SBC...
scottb
post Sep 13 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #1

who wants a PEZ?!

Group: Members
Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

so what are the pros cons for a home build?

my car runs great, handles great and needs nothing but some cosmetic stuff and a bit of body work/paint to deal with a couple of rust bubbles. that being said, i want to tear it apart and mess with it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

lacking a nice tub here is the north - rust - east, i must mess with what i got. so starting with an engine, i can find a rebuildable sbc lying on the side of the road depending on the neighborhood. a good ga case T4 is another story. ya ya ya, the conversion stuff and all that but there would appear to be a number of helpful folks right here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

not planning on doing anything in the near future. gotta buy some other toys first (bigger compressor, welder) then build an engine and convert if needed.

won't be doing any pca only race porsche powered stuff. just want to have big bang and long term stability. both platforms will provide i am certain, just want to hear the stories from both sides....

muchas gracias.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
scottb
post Sep 13 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #2

who wants a PEZ?!

Group: Members
Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

well there is one thing i did not know! thanks!

i heard, thought, dreamed or otherwise imagined that a ga case was the way to go. all others be damned.

so that beiing said, the cost is now less for a T4 project. but the question remains, given i am not entirely a purist, why not an sbc? jake may have a comment here i would imagine..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 04:17 PM