Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> sound insulating
80cap
post Jun 27 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,405
Region Association: None

Ok which is the most bang for the buck? Dynamat, Second Skin or the rest?
Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
burningman
post Jun 28 2016, 09:06 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,533
Region Association: None

I've done both Peel and Seal and most recently Raatmat. Peel and Seal I did for years and had no issue with it does smell for the first few days. Supposedly in really hot or col climates it can de-adhere to the metal. I'm not sure if I've experienced that as I've not pulled off my door panels yet.

I recently decided to spend a bit extra for the good stuff as it was going in the Porsche so I bought RAAmat with Ensolite over the top and couldn't be happier. Much more pliable and easy to apply. It made more of an impact than the peel and seal but that could be the addition of Ensolite over the top. This stuff is made out of butyl vs. the asphault that Peel and Seal is made of. Here's the package I got, it covered the entire interior of the car with a bit to spare and double up on. http://www.raamaudio.com/package-2-30-shee...-ensolite-foam/ . It's a bit pricey but the Peel and Seal will add up really quickly as well. FYI if you go this route do not put Ensolite on the floors or interior of door wells it will absorb water. I put the Ensolite over the RAAmat on the interior engine bulkhead, over the exterior of the doors immediately under the door panels and everywhere I could reach under the dash.

FYI from what I hear FatMat is a repackage of Peel and Seal with a higher cost, apparently side by side they are nearly indistinguishable. No first hand knowledge I just read that time and time again after hours of research.

Good luck!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 02:15 AM