Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Period Correct Radios, Costs Might Be Suprising
914Sixer
post Aug 1 2018, 07:21 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I thought I would hit the highlights about restored radios regardless of brand. Just going to give you ballpark numbers. Numbers are for comparison. All the parts may not be needed depending on the radio you buy.

Basic Radio $50-$300
Basic Repair Service $125-$200
Repair Parts $100
Radio Face Plate $60-$150
Front Volume Knobs $50
Rear Tone Knobs $30
Shaft Nuts $30
Radio Mounting Brackets $50
Rear Mounting Bracket $30
914 Dash bracket $40
Speaker Plugs $30

Happy hunting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DRPHIL914
post Aug 1 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

i have been watching prices and looking for a used one and they have about priced themselves out of market for me. if i need a new rechrome bumper worse, and its about the same price guess which thing i am getting first, or ... whatever- name your piece . I need brakes i need bumpers i need etc but i don't NEED a radio, i am about ready to just put the blank plate in that spot and say screw it for radio.
nothing against you , your prices are way fair for sure Mark and those radios always look great!, but in the scheme of things, unless a person is doing a full concourse restoration or has a survivor etc i just don't get it- now i am tempted to buy a gutted nothing that just looks good on the outside to stick in the spot though, let me know if you get one of those. i just think its the same as a lot of stuff, it gets rare and the prices start going up., supply and demand. you should keep a box full , in 3-4 years you will be sell ing them for $1k minimum if this keeps going like it has.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 06:46 PM