Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Just put in LED Gauge lights..., Awesome!
Brando
post Jan 18 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

And I love 'em. Excellent product you got there Qarl! They all work perfectly and are eons ahead of the old bulbs that were in there.

Slight problem though. This has brought forth the need for me to re-do the reflective coating in my gauges. I'm talking about how there's a reflective paint or coating or whatnot on the insides of my gauges... just gotta re-do it now.

How, though? I've got a spare speedo that i can learn on dissecting, but how do I go about it? How to not break the plastice on the guages themselves? Has anyone done this before?

I'd be utterly grateful if someone can help shine some light on this situation.

(I know, cheap pun)

Thanks (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Brando
post Jan 18 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #2

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

Kevin,
I take it you're going to try the blacklight backlight approach? That should prove very interesting either way!

So, i just rebuilt one of my speedometer/odometers. took less than an hour, woohoo! I set it for my car's mileage before the odometer/speedometer broke. I also put some reflective aluminum tape on the inside and polished it out to a near-mirror finish. I think when I get it in tomorrow night it's going to look pretty neat.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 01:15 PM